2019 Ram Power Wagon

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
I’m curios about the 7.3 that’s coming out in the super duty as well. I kind of hope Ford makes a power wagon competitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I’m thinking too. I’m on my second HD Ram, and while both have been good to me, I’d like to see some competition.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The word is it might be happening, but as you know, Ford has become tight lipped about any new vehicle until it debuts.

SoTxAg06

This is what I’m thinking too. I’m on my second HD Ram, and while both have been good to me, I’d like to see some competition.

I’m back in my first one after being out for 5 ish years. I was seriously looking at Ford F250s, but couldn’t find one optioned the way I wanted within reason. Also, Ford want willing to deal as much as Ram.

SoTxAg06

I, too, hope FORD comes out with its competition for the PW...7.3 with live axles, lockers, and leave the auto-shift LEVER where it's supposed to be.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the dial shift lever for 4wd, and even more so for the transmission. I looked at the 1500s, and that was a major dislike for me.

GabAlmighty

Observer
I am disappointed that they chose to continue to use the same wheel and tire package for the new truck and they are still the much too small 33" Dura-Crap's.

I like the write up. Only coming here to disagree with this one sentence haha. Duratracs are one of the best all around tires out there.

That being said, why they put them on a truck in Texas I don't understand. Down there they are pretty useless haha.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I just don't get the hate for the dial. The column shifter is simply a foot long electric switch anyway. Sure, maybe it's a little slower to shift in close quarters back and forth stuff but is it really that big a deal?

SixLug

Explorer
PW won't fit on the car carriers with larger tires than that. They will never see anything larger.

I bought a new high-roof Sprinter back when Dodge had them. The delivery charge was insane due to them only being able to fit 2 or 3 on the single level trailer due to the height.

How do they deliver Ford Raptors? I’m seeing they come with 35s. (34.4s but bigger than 33s).
Not being a smart-A, just asking....

sdemarcus

I am disappointed that they chose to continue to use the same wheel and tire package for the new truck and they are still the much too small 33" Dura-Crap's.
I agree that bigger/better tires would be nice. However, in my experience convincing the wife that the purchase of wheels and tires is needed, is much easier than trying to convince her that you need: a 12000lbs winch (with an idle up feature so you don't drain the batteries), front and rear lockers, disconnecting front sway bar, dual altenators, 51:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, and of course decals (if you so choose them). All that being said, some will disagree with me, but not many trucks come from the factory with prefect wheel and tire packages. Only one comes with the list of goodies mentioned above... Power Wagon! By the way I am biased.508966

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
How do they deliver Ford Raptors? I’m seeing they come with 35s. (34.4s but bigger than 33s).
Not being a smart-A, just asking....

A Raptor is significantly shorter than an HD Ram. I look down on those guys at stoplights. Tire size is not the only thing that plays into it. Cab height and suspension design are a large factor.

Explorerinil

Observer
I agree that bigger/better tires would be nice. However, in my experience convincing the wife that the purchase of wheels and tires is needed, is much easier than trying to convince her that you need: a 12000lbs winch (with an idle up feature so you don't drain the batteries), front and rear lockers, disconnecting front sway bar, dual altenators, 51:1 crawl ratio, 4.10 gears, and of course decals (if you so choose them). All that being said, some will disagree with me, but not many trucks come from the factory with prefect wheel and tire packages. Only one comes with the list of goodies mentioned above... Power Wagon! By the way I am biased.View attachment 508966
I’m not a fan of red, it damn that truck looks awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78