2019 Ram Power Wagon

I agree with you on the Duratracs. While I will concede there seems to be some correlation between factory Duratracs and pre mature wear (my old truck had 33K miles and needed new tires) they are one of the best tires for where I live. We see plenty of rain and snow in the winters. My current Power Wagon just got a new set of 35x12.5R17 Duratracs on it last week. Didn't need new tires yet (only at 12K) but I wanted to go a little bigger. I have heard that the factory compound wears faster and is more prone to punctures comparted to the tires you get through distributors but I have nothing to back that up.

As for the rest of the face lift I am not a fan of the interior changes but I definetly like the new headlights! I would be curious to see if they are a bolt on upgrade to the 2018's

the biggest issue we have here when talking about duratracs is the jeep vs full size debate.

they kick ass for Jeeps in any climate, same for K02s, but on big full size trucks, they are no match for daily wear and tear.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
im going to agree with that. My Duratracs were totally shot at 14,000 miles. Had maybe another 2-3000 miles left on them. I have 25,000 miles on my Wildpeak AT3's and im expecting another 25,000 before they need to be replaced.

D45

Explorer
My Duratracs have 45,000 miles on them

I would guess they have another 10,000 miles left on them

I rotate and balance them every 6 months

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
the biggest issue we have here when talking about duratracs is the jeep vs full size debate.

they kick ass for Jeeps in any climate, same for K02s, but on big full size trucks, they are no match for daily wear and tear.
There was a set of Duratracs on my F-150 when i bought it at 20,000 miles so no clue how many miles were on the tires when I got the truck. I've got 70,000 miles on the truck now and the duratracs still have lots of tread left. Plus they were great in all seasons in Alberta. Personally, when they are worn, I will buy another set.

PwrWagon

I've got KO2's on my JK and they are amazing for that platform. I am hoping that the 35" Duratracs last quite a while, well at least until I am ready to lift the truck and go bigger. But I feel we digress away from the 2019 PW and are sidetracked by tires.

I am hoping that over the next few years Ford and Chevy start offering a competitor to the Ram since competition leads to improvements.

even my toyo RT in 35/17s are worn at 15k miles, zero towing and 4 mild offroad days.
i will get another couple thousand, but i have zero wet traction, not worth the rebalance, 1 tire has 2 plugs, 2 tires have 1 plug...

i hate that after 10-15k miles, the wet traction is out the door and they are chunked and have tread cracking at the base.

ill be shooting for RTs in 37s or maybe K02s hoping to get 16k plus miles of worry free perfect tires.
(sold my hellcat that chewed 305 nt555Rs every 3500 miles on the street)

No reason to talk about the tires that come on these trucks... duratracs are fine. everyone has their preference.
some people like toyo wont pops and they will seriously ride on them until they show belts. and they still wont pop.
some people like fresh rubber every 20k miles or so.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
You sure about that?

if your signature line is accurate, then yes - 100%. A power wagon weighs 7300lbs stock, and any 2500 with a diesel is already north of 8000 without trying. my white knuckle rock sliders are 360lbs, my GoFast camper is 300lbs, my tires are 30lbs heavier, each than the stock Duratracs - so I'm over 8100lbs without even trying.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Sounds about right. My f250 is 6900#. No winch or big tires, and Al body. Every diesel on the lot was at least 1000# heavier.

You have to rotate DT's every 5000 miles. 10 if you avoid parking lot manuevers (pull straight into a back spot), and/or travel hwy often. And these trucks are HEAVY UNDERSTEER vehicles. Any ramp, or fast turn nonsense is going to eat the front tires. And DT's are a bit soft and chewy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12