2020 Bronco estimated Approach and Departure Angles

jadmt

ignore button user
either eco boost would feel pretty nice unless it really is a Tahoe size beast. I hope it is true to its original roots, it would be cool to see them go with the 5.0L just for retro sake.

XJLI

Adventurer
I was listening to the truck show podcast, and they had a marketing guy who is in charge of the new ranger launch and he said one engine option for that truck... 2.3 ecoboost. I'd imagine it will be the same for the new everest/bronco.

Umbrarian

Observer
Having seen the new bronco, I think a lot of people will be really happy about it’s release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having owned a Bronco, I am sure I will be disappointed, just like I was with the new Blazer, and the current state of the Tahoe/Suburban. Soccer team/Grocery getters and nothing more.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Narrowed Super Duty axles! Save us from having to swap them in. Better at least have solid Dana 44's like a jeep. Otherwise, what's the point? IFS boxy Range Rover or Blazer?, lame.

Love the angles, sheet picture. I wonder what my couch's breakover angle is. I'll have to go find a sheet.

99Discovery

Adventurer
I wonder what my couch's breakover angle is. I'll have to go find a sheet."

Lol. Post it up and I'll run an analysis!

The new Ranger is IFS, and since it's a shared platform I'd be shocked if it was SFA. It would be awesome if it was...competition for the wrangler would be great. But if not, I'm not totally against it. The 4Runner and Tacoma are awesome and my old '03 L322 Range Rover on air has shocked me with its IFS/IRS on stupid 19" rims and snow tires. I'm convinced that if IFS/IRS is done "right" it may even be better than SFA/SRA. Heck, the Hummer H1 is IFS/IRS on portals and the only knock on it's off-road capability is weight and width, I've never heard anyone suggest: "ya' know what the H1 needs? DANA 60s. That'd be the best!"

I have hopes for the Bronco, but I also had hopes with Discovery 5 and it's a joke. Radiators over the wheel wells. Good grief.

Last edited:

ultraclyde

Observer
I'm really waiting to see the thing. It will be coming into market at a time when I'll be looking for a replacement for the old ZJ, I think, and I'll be ready to drop the coin on something. I like the looks of the Ranger but I'd prefer an SUV. Like the OP said, I'd have been perfectly happy with the Everest, having a vintage-influenced, more stylish body will be even better. I don't care if it's solid axle, and I don't care if the top comes off. I DO care that it can get down some serious FS roads (ie lockers, low range), tow 6000 lbs, and comfortably run down the interstate without requiring a fuel stop at every other exit. The list of mid-sized vehicles that can do all that is really short. It's hard to buy a brand new vehicle that has all the capability of my old ZJ, and that's a shame. It may not ever out-Wrangler the Wrangler, but it could be a huge success by stealing a little business from the Wrangler, a little from the Grand Cherokee, and a little from the 4Runner.

Oh, and I want a 4 door although there should be a 2dr option too.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
An suv Ranger would just be a 4runner. Ford ain't gonna survive in that market. And suv's are getting killed by lil' crew cab trucks.

I'm betting on solid axles, big wheel wells for easy 35" upgrade, just one engine choice, and possibly...............manual hubs. I expect quirkiness. Something for hipsters that don't want to look so fruity in a Honda Fit anymore. (like the Ducati Scrambler tried to market to)

The new Jeeps have piss poor driver ergo's. I hate driving them. I miss my Yj, tons of leg room. Jeep has a weak spot,now's a good time to take a chunk out of Jeeps hardcore quirky market segment.

Last edited:

VroomSIX

A 2.7TT V6 might just be the best option if it’s one engine only. I just hope Ford has the foresight to put the baby powerstroke in it! If that happens I’ll have no choice but to force Ford to take my money! :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998