2020 F250 Possibilities

COwineguy

Let me start by saying this is a great place with lots of information. Makes a guy think...............

I originally signed up to learn more and look at the options for my 3rd gen 4Runner (96). I am the second owner and have been driving it since 2008. Currently (278K). I have kept it pretty stock other than adding Old Man emu suspension when I wrecked the factory shocks. Anyway since purchasing this truck we have had 2 kids and bought a business. Life changes. The 4runner has always been tight but with the 2 kids it seems we are bursting at the seems. That being said in June I purchased a 2020 F250. The plan is/was to drive it for 3-5 years before moving it to the business. It is a Super Cab 8 foot bed with the 6.2 V8. I have installed a decked system and have a shell on the way. The more a look on this site the more I think I should slowly turn the truck into our family off road vehicle. The goal being do as much to it as I can with out affecting the warranty then decide if we want to keep it as a personal vehicle or move it to he business and choose something else.

The main purposes would be short family camping trips and solo hunting trips.

Any thoughts on what should be done/capable of being done? Not sure why I only thought of my 4runner as the offroad truck. Blinders I guess.

Thanks

CodyY

Explorer
Warranty only affected by parts you replace.
Eg: suspension mods mean your radio still covered

Big trucks rock.
Kings/Carli, 37s, deavers, lockers
deab2ba6abd933c773c4d8d05dffeff2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

COwineguy

Nice. This is essentially what I want. Also thanks for the info on the warranty. Probably the other limiting factor will be our use. I would hate to put a bunch of money into it and then move it to the business. If we like the setup and decide to keep it the money seems more justified.

Cheers

Grassland

Wouldn't u do it backwards?
Have the truck in business first as a write down or depreciable asset, then when the tax benefits are greatly reduced move it to personal use?

That's how I did it with my F150. 4 years in fleet, and upgrades or repairs are an expense. Then retired it to my personal vehicle as it's residual value was far lower than its actual resale value.

Back to the truck itself, larger tires fit without mods on stock wheels, especially if you stay skinny. 285/75R18 maybe

COwineguy

I went back and forth with this. After discussions with the accountant paired with the my annual equipment purchases and the amount of miles we put on the truck for work. He suggested we go the other way. Also it may become my permanent vehicle depending on how much i like it. I hate vehicle shopping so if it checks the boxes I will probably drive it for the next 15years+

Cheers

rruff

Explorer
Any thoughts on what should be done/capable of being done?

Sky's the limit. I've been researching F250s lately. Lots of upgrade options.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Big trucks rock.
Kings/Carli, 37s, deavers, lockers

What he said...

If we didn't haul a big camper, Id be all over said good stuff for our 2011 6.2 SD
Great platform with solid running gear and big axles. And the OEM rear locker is a game changer.

Still, it manages to get places, but its business only, playing it safe.
So we stick to some high capacity 35's and rear bags. All else is stock.

50340209651_34d4f0250c_b.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

35s, lockers, skid plates and go have some fun!

Also...dual exhaust...the 6.2 sounds amazing when you ditch the stock exhaust. :)

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Just ditching the big rear muff is enough.
These things have a ton of goodies in between the manifolds and the exit.

I had to ditch the big muff in order to facilitate our rear aux tank and bags.
So we have a side exit, in front of the passenger rear tire.

It does sound amazing :love:

COwineguy

Yeah I see the rabbit hole is deep with this truck. Between Carli suspension, campers, custom. I see a project in my future.

Thanks for all the in put.

Currently most of our off road use is day family trips and hunting trips. We have been working on getting the business more self sufficient and are hoping to add some family overnights this year so having something ready to grab and go is the plan. Hopefully we will continue to extend these trips. I feel like the "offroad" use will continue to get more off road. Currently I think the truck will get us most places we will go stock but as our trips grow I am sure the need for performance will grow.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger