2020 Ford F250 on 37s - Expedition Truck Camper Build!

Willsfree

Our travels take us off grid and we continue to push further with the goal of staying out longer. We love to mountain bike ride. However, many of the backcountry style trails are “out and back” and often being over 20+ miles one way. The elevation can be in the thousands of vertical feet. We’ve accomplished difficult rides like this over the years but it’s difficult and requires rest days afterward.

Trek Rail may be the solution we need! Our average ride of 10-15 miles now can be 20-30 miles with similar physical exertion. This has also made it possible to ride 20+ miles back to back without rest days. Game Changer!

The lingering question has been… How far can the bike go? How far can we go? We attempted to find the limits in the video today.
How are you securing the bikes for long trips? I have mine inside the van, but looking at the camper/truck option and wanting a secure/protected way to store them.

montypower

Adventure Time!
How are you securing the bikes for long trips? I have mine inside the van, but looking at the camper/truck option and wanting a secure/protected way to store them.

Sorry... missed this posting. Our interior bike platform has been in our 2019 Crew Cab Super Duty and currently 2020 Extended Cab; it bolted right in no modification between trucks. However we had to rework it to fit our Trek Rail eMTB. Still using it. Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior