2020 Tiger Bengal

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Very nice.
Any idea how much this would cost brand new?
Well, since you asked….this is right from the above linked webpage 😙…
IMG_4286.jpeg

Reactions: zip

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
FWIW, I went to factory twice a few years before Covid and these were $150k'ish NEW with chassis. 2012/3 used models on lot were $80 - $90k!!! Now new are $139K plus overpriced chassis probable around $80K putting new cost around $220k.....wow, just wow.

rawtoxic

and people are buying them right up..... I am happy with my classic #1023 tiger but lust for a new one someday! mine is now fully remodeled with 600w solar so not going to happen soon. probably just will save up for earthcruiser or something on fuso chassis that will fit in a 10' garage.

(none)

Adventurer
FWIW, I went to factory twice a few years before Covid and these were $150k'ish NEW with chassis. 2012/3 used models on lot were $80 - $90k!!! Now new are $139K plus overpriced chassis probable around $80K putting new cost around $220k.....wow, just wow.

haha, my exact thoughts. They are cool but not that cool.

ReluctantTraveler

and people are buying them right up..... I am happy with my classic #1023 tiger but lust for a new one someday! mine is now fully remodeled with 600w solar so not going to happen soon. probably just will save up for earthcruiser or something on fuso chassis that will fit in a 10' garage.

I'm increasingly drawn to the EarthCruiser.

I understand the logic of the "bathroom in the doorway" thing, but with a family of four, I can see that being annoying at times.

THAT SAID, I absolutely love the philosophy behind how they build their vehicles, the attention to detail, and the focus on being good stewards of the environment and the places you visit.

I'm also REALLY CURIOUS to see how their upcoming line of EV models turn out. Anytime I run the numbers, an EV expedition vehicle seems improbable, but if anyone can figure it out, I'm sure they can.

Zybane

I'm increasingly drawn to the EarthCruiser.

I understand the logic of the "bathroom in the doorway" thing, but with a family of four, I can see that being annoying at times.

THAT SAID, I absolutely love the philosophy behind how they build their vehicles, the attention to detail, and the focus on being good stewards of the environment and the places you visit.

I'm also REALLY CURIOUS to see how their upcoming line of EV models turn out. Anytime I run the numbers, an EV expedition vehicle seems improbable, but if anyone can figure it out, I'm sure they can.

Except Earthcruiser pricing is on another planet. It's like three times the price of a Tiger Bengal build.

I mean $600K for a used EC, what you get for $600K is laughable.

ReluctantTraveler

Except Earthcruiser pricing is on another planet. It's like three times the price of a Tiger Bengal build.

I think their prices have skyrocketed over the last few years (like everyone).

Can’t sleep four in any Tiger RV. EC is still cheaper than Earthroamer.

ReluctantTraveler

I also think you're comparing apples-to-oranges here. Tiger builds on a 1-ton truck platform. The EC analog to that would be the Terranova, which is $350k brand new (still more expensive than Tiger, of course), but with a layout that accommodates more people and IMO is a bit more smartly done.

That's not a dig on Tiger. I think they do great work and their owners are clearly a very passionate about their rigs!

But once you're talking about that kind of money, I personally think you're getting a lot more for your money with EC, especially now that Tiger's prices are so much higher AND you have to procure your own truck.

68camaro

Any River...Any Place
I also think you're comparing apples-to-oranges here. Tiger builds on a 1-ton truck platform. The EC analog to that would be the Terranova, which is $350k brand new (still more expensive than Tiger, of course), but with a layout that accommodates more people and IMO is a bit more smartly done.

That's not a dig on Tiger. I think they do great work and their owners are clearly a very passionate about their rigs!

But once you're talking about that kind of money, I personally think you're getting a lot more for your money with EC, especially now that Tiger's prices are so much higher AND you have to procure your own truck.

I agree. The second time I visted Provan I had a check for deposit, as I took the long drive down I realized the money I would be spending would be for great vehicle that sits most of the time because I wasn't retired yet. By the time I got there I talked myself into instead finding a less expensive vehicle that would suffice until I retire when I would purchase a more capable vehicle. This was process that led me to purchase and build out for off-road boonedocking a 2001 Chinook Concourse.

The Chinook is actually is great and with all my mods really does everything I need it to do in a very comfortable fashion. As I near retirement though I am starting to look again at other vehicles and while a Tiger was my choice years ago, as you mention due to their cost increases I think it opens up other options that might be better suited for my needs.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
I agree. The second time I visted Provan I had a check for deposit, as I took the long drive down I realized the money I would be spending would be for great vehicle that sits most of the time because I wasn't retired yet. By the time I got there I talked myself into instead finding a less expensive vehicle that would suffice until I retire when I would purchase a more capable vehicle. This was process that led me to purchase and build out for off-road boonedocking a 2001 Chinook Concourse.

The Chinook is actually is great and with all my mods really does everything I need it to do in a very comfortable fashion. As I near retirement though I am starting to look again at other vehicles and while a Tiger was my choice years ago, as you mention due to their cost increases I think it opens up other options that might be better suited for my needs.
What vehicle do you think you will get when you retire?

rawtoxic

I am the one that made the Earthcruiser comment here let me elaborate.

I love my Tiger, I looked for a Tiger for probably over a year before getting one, also shopped for a shorter wheel base Xplorer (much rarer than Tiger). We can only travel part time still working on a real estate portfolio.- I do BRRRR in Colorado. Since March 2021 we have 160+ nights in Tiger and love it. The biggest downside I have with Tiger is the height. It's too tall a lot of the time for trails in the west and you need such a damn large garage to get it indoors. That is why I was drawn to Earthcruiser/FUSO some lately - 9'9". One ad posted below is what got me thinking more about it.

Here is the Earthcruiser for $249k (not $600k) that I originally liked to get me considering it for FUSO type chassis.

I spent a few weeks last summer and fall customizing and upgrading our 2005 CX #1023 to enjoy for next years as we work towards full retirement (quit contracting last year but still doing real estate). So an upgrade would be more a retirement rig upgrade for me as well. I also like the Chinook & Starflyte platforms as well I just grew up rural and doing excavation / construction so I've always had trucks not vans so it was natural for me to get a truck chassis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior