2020 Tiger Bengal

ReluctantTraveler

I am the one that made the Earthcruiser comment here let me elaborate.

I love my Tiger, I looked for a Tiger for probably over a year before getting one, also shopped for a shorter wheel base Xplorer (much rarer than Tiger). We can only travel part time still working on a real estate portfolio.- I do BRRRR in Colorado. Since March 2021 we have 160+ nights in Tiger and love it. The biggest downside I have with Tiger is the height. It's too tall a lot of the time for trails in the west and you need such a damn large garage to get it indoors. That is why I was drawn to Earthcruiser/FUSO some lately - 9'9". One ad posted below is what got me thinking more about it.

Here is the Earthcruiser for $249k (not $600k) that I originally liked to get me considering it for FUSO type chassis.

I spent a few weeks last summer and fall customizing and upgrading our 2005 CX #1023 to enjoy for next years as we work towards full retirement (quit contracting last year but still doing real estate). So an upgrade would be more a retirement rig upgrade for me as well. I also like the Chinook & Starflyte platforms as well I just grew up rural and doing excavation / construction so I've always had trucks not vans so it was natural for me to get a truck chassis.

Damn if that was a dual cab I'd take a second mortgage out on my house to buy it! Still pricey, but when you don't buy them direct from EC you can often find them for far less than that $600k mark.

The used ones on EC.com are all $400k+. I've seen a few at $325k sold independently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior