2021 KTM 890 Adventure R

Tex68w

Beach Bum
It was damn near perfect motorcycling weather today so we got out for a RTE Ride and put down 230 miles amongst the twisties and back roads, it was a good day. I am loving everything about this bike except for one thing, the sound of the engine. The engine has a very agricultural sound and in no way is it melodic or pleasant, hopefully aftermarket exhaust will help it some.

SaypcLx.jpg

R7tHSjP.jpg

2XAIWEP.jpg

XHpgXTP.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I am loving everything about this bike except for one thing, the sound of the engine. The engine has a very agricultural sound and in no way is it melodic or pleasant, hopefully aftermarket exhaust will help it some.

I feel the exact same way about my 1090..

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I feel the exact same way about my 1090..

I've heard a few reviewers coin it as "it sounds like a box of bolts being tossed about" haha. It's awful and I catch myself listening to it almost out of concern as I ride along lol. I foresee a decat pipe and possibly a different muffler in its future.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Camel ADV Gut Guard/Skid Plate installed today. Removing those rubber plugs in the bottom of the case was an absolute PITA, I had to hit them with some heat to get them off.

F0skxkD.jpg

AWL9o8Q.jpg

tHSlgUE.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Pretty tight tolerances between the Arrow DeCat Midpipe and the Camel ADV Gut Guard. And yes, I am aware that I didn't reconnect the drain line to the tank skid.

XJ78jir.jpg

TYm3nXK.jpg

ZE39biP.jpg

AdOHk8V.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Back home from the dealer (they had it for a week), don't even get me started on how pissed I am about their "claimed quote" for the break-in service that ended up being $125 more. At least for now she's golden until I dump the oil again around 5K.

PFJYpAf.jpg

6v2YvLS.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I took out this morning for a quick ride a town over for a coffee and to enjoy this unseasonably warm weather before it turns to crap this weekend and then the holidays compromise what other little time I have available to ride. That somehow turned into a 125 mile round trip with a lot more gravel than I thought I would encounter, a huge win in my eyes.

This was my first outing with the bike fully unlocked and in Rally mode off tarmac and what an enjoyable experience that was. I dropped the slip to 3 and went Rally on everything and let her rip on a combo of gravel and dirt two-track roads. All I can say is that I have fallen in love with the bike all over again, what a hoot. I added the Arrow Decat Mid-pipe since I last rode it as well and that was a huge boost to the throttle response and the exhaust note. I am not sure if I'll be content with the exhaust note for good but it's definitely a much needed improvement over stock. The Double Take Adventure mirrors are 120% better than the stockers, super pleased with those as well. GPS, rear rack, proper hand guards and foot pegs are next.

A few pics from today's outing.

ZaBiglS.jpg

OKmmAvE.jpg

lC5kEwC.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
A few of the multiple goodies I received for the bike over the holiday. There are more to come when I have time for the install. I am happy with where this build is going and look forward to BDR and partial TAT use in 2022.

Perun Moto Large billet rack

Factory rack and grab handles removed and spacers installed prior to installation of the rack.

pWnAon1.jpg

Aesthetically with no bags on the rack I much preferred the small rack but it would have done little in the way of supporting large bag systems and duffles. For the measly $10 up charge the large rack was a better investment regardless of looks. The wrap around edges of the large rack also help to protect the tail of the bike when dropped which is a nice replacement when losing the stock grab handles.

h5Gr6dN.jpg

N9EZiTA.jpg

Perun Moto Bear Paw foot stand enlarger

While it is a bit tacky, this should come in extremely handy when stopping the bike on soft surfaces which seems to almost always be the case.

Stowed/up position.

X8pI9Ed.jpg

XDxPaXL.jpg

Deployed/down postion.

x0pT999.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I installed the Garmin Zumo XT and Vanasche GPS mount last night, it was not exactly the most fun install ever lol. I am excited to finally have a dedicated nav system onboard, it'll come in handy for solo travel.

zcqmg7x.jpg

QoDtTzy.jpg

HM99dQC.jpg

8Cr4Etc.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online