2021 RAM 3500 Tradesman | AEV Prospector | FWC Grandby

ramblinChet

In out next adventure we combined two nearby trails: Crown King Road and Senator Highway which add up to a combined 64 miles and will take a full day. We were nearing the end of Dennis' time in Arizona so we wanted to select a few shorter trails that were easy to mild to minimize the possibility of damage and provide the option to jump off the trail if time was running short. Dennis originally wanted to incorporate another trail names Backway to Crown King but after I spent time reviewing the trail we met in the morning and I suggested we drop it since it was the roughest of the three, the condition of the trail varies due to use, and since it was the weekend, we should expect to see much traffic. Dennis agreed and we cut this one section out.

In hindsight, if I were driving north from Phoenix and had two or three days to make it up to Prescott, I would have begun on the southern end of our recent Bloody Basin Trail (extended), maybe camped at the Verde River or pressed on and camped near Interstate 17, the then continued on with Crown King Road and Senator Highway. That would have been a really fun 120 mile, two or three day adventure!
CKSH 01.jpg

We arrived at the trail head near sundown so we found this place to camp nearby and tucked in for the night. Dennis had a paperback book which contained much information related to BLM camping in Arizona so within a few minutes he located a spot nearby and we climbed up and over a few small hills and found a nice little spot. As the sun fell and the stars began to shine it appeared in the distance that a few other campers were also enjoying the area.
CKSH 02.jpg

The first few miles of Crown King Road are paved and then it transitions into a maintained dirt road. This was a significant relief compared to the rocky and rough Bloody Basin trail where our trail speed was always just a few miles per hour. The first small town we happened upon was Bumble Bee which began as a stage coach stop between Phoenix and Prescott. Despite gold being discovered nearby the small town never really amounted to much. I suspect the problems associated with native Americans who were "thick as bumble bees" made have contributed to it's short life.
CKSH 03.jpg

Around the halfway point on the trail you will roll into another ghost-town named Cleator, which was originally named Turkey Creek. The name changed over a century ago when the town became the property of James Cleator who ran-away from his home on the Isle of Mann as a boy and sailed to these United States on a Spanish ship in 1889. As a former superbike racer, James' home has a very special place in my heart since it is site of the most dangerous race in the world: The Isle of Mann TT.
CKSH 04.jpg

Several miles outside of Cleator you will begin to climb a series of switchbacks which lead you up through the Bradshaw Mountains. Keep in mind there are still operational mines in the area and don't be surprised if you encounter several standard dump trucks. Some of the sections of road are narrow and although general trail courtesy suggests that those climbing, by default, have the right-of-way, there may be times where it may be easier for one or two vehicles climbing to pull aside for half a dozen larger vehicles who are descending. In short, use good judgement, show respect, and enjoy the adventure along the track of "Murphy's Impossible Railroad!"
CKSH 05.jpg

And then we arrived in the small mile-high town of Crown King which rewards you "with a look back into the world of a late 19th and early 20th century mining town, with weathered timber cabins, abandoned mines, deserted equipment, a fading cemetery, a living old-time general store and saloon, and, with good luck, a thousand tales about the good old days." We arrived well before lunch with full bellies so although we really wanted to enjoy a meal at the historic Crown King Saloon & Cafe, this will just be another one of those places to visit again. This small town also has cabins to rent and looks like a fun place to cool off on a hot weekend.
CKSH 06.jpg

Traveling west, just outside of Crown King, we began our journey on the Senator Highway, which was originally constructed as a toll-road in the mid-1800s. This trail has a few more challenging spots, it generally narrow, and was quite a bit more fun when compared to the smoother and faster Crown King Road. And she was a beauty since the scenery changed so dramatically withing just a few miles. This was a fun trail where I noticed a number of great looking dispersed camp sites just off the trail. We stopped at one, pulled into the shade, and relaxed to enjoy a peaceful lunch.
CKSH 07.jpg

While navigating the trail we crossed paths with a dozen vehicles associated with the Kenda Tire Boot Camp and stopped to talk with several of the teams. We discussed trail conditions with the typical, "tell me your past and I will tell you your future" sort of information exchange while also taking tires. Heck, when you have key leadership from the company along with one of their sponsored racers, and a few dozen dealers, why not ask questions and learn a bit! After completing the Senator Highway these men would continue due south to tackle the aforementioned Backway to Crown King.
CKSH 08.jpg

This is one of the few quasi-technical areas we encountered along the trail. As usual, I slowed down, picked a good line, and crossed in two-wheel-drive. It was a bit tougher then what the pictures show but not really that tough - just one of those areas that forces you to think for a moment.
CKSH 09.jpg

And here we are near the end of the trail airing up tires since the remaining few miles are paved and we planned to roll up into Prescott for a nice dinner. Dennis and I always poke fun at each other regarding our vehicles, components, etc. Years ago I purchased a Longacre Racing Magnum 3-1/2" Tire Gauge. A year or so ago Dennis fought back by purchasing one of their Pro Precision 4-1/2" units so every time I ask him on the radio if he is still running 35" tires still and would like to try my 37s on for size he asks how I am able to read my tiny 3-1/2" gauge and if I would prefer to use his "pro precision" 4-1/2" unit. A few hours later I met Dennis and his wife at Rosati's for some good Italian food.

I want to take a moment to point out that when I began this adventure I began alone. Along the way I have met many others who are also alone, and searching. But more importantly, many of us have met one another along the way and become really good friends. We come from different parts of our planet, we speak different languages, but we all share a common, somewhat primitive desire...to adventure, to explore, to wander. For those that may have missed this romantic piece in the past, I am asking you now to take a few moments and watch this story about you, and me, and our other friends, all wanderers...
CKSH 10.jpg

ramblinChet

So there I was sitting in a parking lot in Prescott, Arizona, after enjoying a nice dinner with fellow adventurers and my phone rang. It was late on Tuesday night but I recognized the name calling and was sure this was an important call so I answered. "Chet, it looks like IFT-2 (Integrated Flight Test Two) is a go for Friday morning. Everyone is down here and I am confident she will fly, where are you?", said my buddy Tim. Before Tim finished talking I was already pulling up navigation software and plotting a route from Prescott, Arizona, to Starbase, Texas. I replied, "I am 1,400 miles away and just finished two weeks of trails with Dennis and my plan was to remain in Arizona for the winter." By the time the last few words rolled off my tongue I had already began my journey to Starbase.

After working at NASA Langley Research Center, attending the last few shuttle launches, and watching IFT-1 explode over my head, I was unable to resist. No, it didn't make much sense to most folks but I have always been unconventional in so many ways, and I love every bit of living this way. Two days later I rolled onto Boca Chica Beach and sat silent as I listened to the wind and waves, and gazed up at Super Heavy Booster 09 with Starship 25 stacked on top. As I melted into the sand my eyes became so heavy they closed one final time - the song being played in my head was one my late father, Chet Sr., introduced me to so long ago, it was perfect for a night like tonight...
image000000(119).jpg

Of course, when thousands of space-geeks from around the world converge for a historic even such as this, there are parties. I was invited to attend the party at Base Camp Zero by Calvin, the originator. My relationship with Calvin is an interesting one - when we first met in March he was somewhat on the shy and reserved side. After watching me interact with mostly women passing by he was shocked at how I initiated conversations, called their bluffs, and generally had a great time making friends. Calvin took my energy and multiplied it by one-thousand times - everyone who visits Starbase searches for Calvin now. He is an amazingly generous man who hands out gifts to everyone.
image000000(120).jpg

The night prior to the first launch attempt we received unfortunate news, the initial launch attempt was scrubbed following last minute testing. One of the grid-fin actuators has a potential issue to what did SpaceX do...something that NASA would never consider. They immediately destacked the ship, removed critical components, and worked through the night to reassemble the vehicle. The launch window for Saturday morning was only twenty minutes so Friday was spent making doubly-sure everything was ready. This is a shot of the "chopsticks" on the Orbital Launch Tower picking up and restacking Starship.
image000000(121).jpg

Since everyone was going to be evacuated from the area prior to launch I drove down the coast of the Gulf of Mexico to the mouth of the Rio Grande River which is the border with Mexico. After spending time on the border I turned to head north as high-tide slowly began to roll in. If you plan to spend time traveling on beaches for extended distances make sure to check tide charts so you will not be caught in a compromising position.
image000000(123).jpg

Here we are at first light on Saturday morning at Isla Blanca Park on South Padre Island. This is the best location to view the launch and it is free. Since three in the morning the area was active with excitement as thousands prepared to witness history take place. Off to the left you will see Christ of the Fisherman statue which itself has some interesting history. "Jesus said to them, 'Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" ~ Mark 1:17
image000000(124).jpg

Here are just a few of the Base Camp Zero gang that I spent time with over the past few nights. We had people from Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, etc. During the parties the grill was constantly cooking dozens of pounds of meat and most of the men gathered around to chew on hot pieces of meat using their bare hands. This is a fun group of folks!
image000000(125).jpg

Here is another adventurer I met at Boca Chica who recently completed the 2,600 mile Continental Divide Trail with a group. They should have a really nice video posted in a few months so I will be sure to share it. It's always fun to connect with others at random times and locations. The secret is - get out there and explore!
image000000(126).jpg

Here's a little tip for fellow Four Wheel Camper owners: on the morning I was preparing to depart the winds changed ninety degrees and began to hit broadside. I will not go into how to calculate wind loads across flat roofs but let's just say it is sometimes impossible to close the roof while experiencing broadside winds. My solution was to pull forward, point my ship into the wind, secure the front and then move around to the back, and finish up with the sides. Like we used to say in the military, "work smarter, not harder."
image000000(127).jpg

The launch tower is empty once again and foul weather rolled in to stay several weeks. The team at SpaceX were successful in completing the launch within that twenty-minute window on Saturday morning. Well done...it was one hell of a show and worth everything it took to get there. Some things in life make no sense but are so very worth the time and effort. Do me a favor, pick something small that you have been putting off for a long time. It may not make much sense to complete it right now but do it. Smile and enjoy completing a task and lightening your burden. Pick the next lightest and then the next. Complete the easy ones first and build momentum in your mind so when it comes to some of the larger and more complex ones you will have so much momentum behind you, nothing can stop you.
image000000(128).jpg

In closing, turn down the lights, turn up the resolution, and put some nice headphones on...

Last edited:

ramblinChet

Why do beavers build dams?

I was listening to a recent discussion where a baby beaver was rescued and despite never spending time with other beavers, began to build a dam. The people discussing this were shocked and amazed - I was not because I know full well the all living things are born with programming already installed. In my mind, that is a great segue into why humans naturally feel so good when they see a rainbow. Here at camp a rainbow recently appeared and everyone stopped to talk and stood smiling at this beautiful sign.

Why are people people programmed to smile and feel good when they see a rainbow appear? I firmly believe it is because of what a rainbow represents to everyone - it represents a bridge, a connection, the fulfillment of a promise...a rainbow represents hope. Many groups over the years have attempted to usurp this divine connection between God and His people although I have nothing to fear. I just smile and share Genesis 9:17 with others smiling around me.
UD 01-01.jpg

The last month has been really hard on my house battery in my camper. In an effort to control costs I have been spending much time camping in the same location in the desert along the border in south Texas. Unfortunately it has been overcast the majority of the time for the past month so my 200-watt solar system has not been able to maintain my 70 Ah house battery. Lucky for me I have this wonderful CTEK MUS 4.3 Test and Charge that was purchased around a decade ago and the gazebo here at camp has electrical hooks up. I parked nearby and plugged in to recondition and recharge my battery and all it working very well right now!
UD 01-02.jpg

I have been speaking with a good buddy Paul over the past week and he decided to attempt the 500+ mile Panhandle Adventure Trail alone. The following four pictures are ones I originally planned to use while telling my story, but did not. These were just some pretty plants I came across in Tate's Hell.
UD 01-03.jpg

This was one of the countless puddles I navigated in the Apalachicola National Forest. If you like playing in water, hit some of the trails in Florida!
UD 01-04.jpg

Here is a closeup picture of a Cottonmouth which is also known as a Water Moccasin. This is another type of venomous viper that can be found near water swimming, hanging from a tree limbs, or basking in the sun on rocks. It takes quite a bit to provoke a Cottonmouth so there is no need to worry. If it coils up and opens it's mouth you will see the white interior and also know its time to back away. The more you educate yourself on any given subject, including snakes, the less afraid you will be.
UD 01-05.jpg

This is similar to a picture I previously posted and I am happy to share it because I had a tough time deciding which one I liked better. The Panhandle Adventure Trail was really fun and I am looking forward to returning to complete other trails in Florida next year.
UD 01-06.jpg

Here I am preparing for another night of restful sleep here at camp. A large part of my journey includes improving myself mentally, physically, and spiritually. I am just like most every other man out there and life has been a roller-coaster. That's okay though because no life is perfect no matter how they appear. I guess that is the massage I wish to share with you in this post - I'm just like you in so many ways. Every man needs a bit of adventure and as men many times we place ourselves into situations where we consciously place the needs of others ahead of our own. So we wake up early, work long hours performing dirty, dangerous, and sometimes deadly jobs. We don't ask for much yet some of our most basic needs are often ignored. If you feel like that, take a moment to communicate with someone who will always be there for us no matter what our situation may be.
UD 01-07.jpg

Here is my buddy Paul's video covering the first section of the Panhandle Adventure Trail - I think this video is great and he really knocks it out of the park near the end. Well done Paul!

ITTOG

It is interesting you say "It takes quite a bit to provoke a Cottonmouth". I have never heard that. I have always heard there are two animals in North America that kill for no purpose, Moose and Water Moccasin's. My personal experience with the snake indicates this as well. Maybe it is a regional thing?

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Have you thought about doing a wire upgrade and DC/DC? I don’t remember if you have lithium or not. But just the 4awg wire, upgrade would help to charge when driving quite a bit. Prevent that ACR from cycling.

“ We don't ask for much yet some of our most basic needs are often ignored.”
I just had this talk a few nights ago, with a large group of first responders. The general consensus was the same.

ramblinChet

It is interesting you say "It takes quite a bit to provoke a Cottonmouth". I have never heard that. I have always heard there are two animals in North America that kill for no purpose, Moose and Water Moccasin's. My personal experience with the snake indicates this as well. Maybe it is a regional thing?

Interesting - my reference to Cottonmouth's being fairly calm dates back to a tropical survival school in the military I attended. One of the instructors was a snake expert from Florida and he shared much information and first-hand experience with us. The Cottonmouth I recently photographed was about as lazy as I could have imagined even with me only a few feet away.

Have you thought about doing a wire upgrade and DC/DC? I don’t remember if you have lithium or not. But just the 4awg wire, upgrade would help to charge when driving quite a bit. Prevent that ACR from cycling.

Yes, I have been patiently waiting for Victron Energy to release their Orion XS 12/12-50A DC-DC Battery Charger which is now available and plan to use cable with the maximum cross-section which is 4 AWG. I actually packed all my electrical tools with me so there is a remote chance I may perform this upgrade somewhere in the desert this winter.

ramblinChet

Earlier this week, while continuing to explore the border between Texas a Mexico, I stopped for lunch in the small town of Zapata, Texas. For the past few weeks I have been experiencing occasional loss of pressure in one tire and although it usually only drops around 10-15 psi and the tires are due for replacement in the coming months, I decided that a professional repair was in order.

As many of you know, I carry an ARB Speedy Seal Tire Repair Kit for repairing punctures as well as a GlueTread 4x4 Kit for sidewall repair. I have always considered the sidewall repair kit a temporary measure to get off the trail but based upon my recent learning, I now consider the puncture repair kit a semi-temporary option also. I always love learning something new and my recent lesson was a valuable one in how to properly repair a puncture in the tread area of a tire.

Here is "Shorty" breaking the bead on my BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. Since 95% of the residents of Zapata are Latino and the handful of gringos all speak Spanish, he laughed as I struggled to communicate. Within a few minutes we resorted to a more effective communication which involved hand signals and masculine grunts.
image000000(129).jpg

The previous puncture repairs were performed over a year ago at a tire shop and consisted of two plugs and rubber cement being used. What I learned was that the rubber cement glues the rubber plug to the rubber tire but the two pieces of rubber remain independent. More importantly, that rubber cement bond will eventually begin to break down and a slow leak will reappear - this is exactly what happened to me. Here is Shorty prepping the interior surface of the tire with a buffing wheel.
image000000(130).jpg

Following buffing, a paste was applied and lit on fire to further prepare the surface for a hot vulcanization process which essentially softens the rubber. Shorty laughed and said "marshmallow" as this was taking place.
image000000(131).jpg

As I learned, this is a lead-wire combination repair patch manufactured by XtraSeal that will be pulled through the puncture from the inside out. This patch will actually bond with the tire on a molecular level and the two pieces of rubber effectively become one. Since the patch is now a permanent part of the tire there is no chance for a bond to break - because there is no bond. This is very cool to learn!
image000000(132).jpg

Here is a final shot of the patch installed just before trimming to length. Shorty did a fantastic job and only charged $15 for each of the two puncture repairs. Over the next few weeks I will begin exploring one of the most remote locations in these Unites States by myself so I am preparing my AEV Prospector for an incredibly austere environment. If you are ever rolling through Zapata, Texas, and are in need of a repair to your tire, I know this guy who really knows his stuff...

Thanks for the lesson Shorty and Feliz Navidad to everyone!
image000000(133).jpg

ITTOG

No offense but I am always amazed that people do not know plugs are temporary. I am glad you learned about it while in the city and not on the trail. You can buy the permanent patches he used but it is hard to do yourself given you have to get the tire off the rim. I have done it once but it was on my ATV tire. It took well over an hour to get the tire off the rim. It wasn't fun.

FAW3

Adventurer
That first photo caught my attention, thought for a moment that the blown tire on the ground was one of yours...that would have been a story for sure. Glad it was just a plug replacement.

As you roam around Texas there is good remote camping at the state wildlife areas. Typically have less public use that major destination areas such as Big Bend NP:

Texas WMA Camping

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Earlier this week, while continuing to explore the border between Texas a Mexico, I stopped for lunch in the small town of Zapata, Texas. For the past few weeks I have been experiencing occasional loss of pressure in one tire and although it usually only drops around 10-15 psi and the tires are due for replacement in the coming months, I decided that a professional repair was in order.

As many of you know, I carry an ARB Speedy Seal Tire Repair Kit for repairing punctures as well as a GlueTread 4x4 Kit for sidewall repair. I have always considered the sidewall repair kit a temporary measure to get off the trail but based upon my recent learning, I now consider the puncture repair kit a semi-temporary option also. I always love learning something new and my recent lesson was a valuable one in how to properly repair a puncture in the tread area of a tire.

Here is "Shorty" breaking the bead on my BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. Since 95% of the residents of Zapata are Latino and the handful of gringos all speak Spanish, he laughed as I struggled to communicate. Within a few minutes we resorted to a more effective communication which involved hand signals and masculine grunts.
View attachment 811761

The previous puncture repairs were performed over a year ago at a tire shop and consisted of two plugs and rubber cement being used. What I learned was that the rubber cement glues the rubber plug to the rubber tire but the two pieces of rubber remain independent. More importantly, that rubber cement bond will eventually begin to break down and a slow leak will reappear - this is exactly what happened to me. Here is Shorty prepping the interior surface of the tire with a buffing wheel.
View attachment 811762

Following buffing, a paste was applied and lit on fire to further prepare the surface for a hot vulcanization process which essentially softens the rubber. Shorty laughed and said "marshmallow" as this was taking place.
View attachment 811763

As I learned, this is a lead-wire combination repair patch manufactured by XtraSeal that will be pulled through the puncture from the inside out. This patch will actually bond with the tire on a molecular level and the two pieces of rubber effectively become one. Since the patch is now a permanent part of the tire there is no chance for a bond to break - because there is no bond. This is very cool to learn!
View attachment 811764

Here is a final shot of the patch installed just before trimming to length. Shorty did a fantastic job and only charged $15 for each of the two puncture repairs. Over the next few weeks I will begin exploring one of the most remote locations in these Unites States by myself so I am preparing my AEV Prospector for an incredibly austere environment. If you are ever rolling through Zapata, Texas, and are in need of a repair to your tire, I know this guy who really knows his stuff...

Thanks for the lesson Shorty and Feliz Navidad to everyone!
View attachment 811765
That’s the way we did it at the shop I worked at 20 years ago. Never seen the “marshmallow” method before though.

ramblinChet

No offense but I am always amazed that people do not know plugs are temporary. I am glad you learned about it while in the city and not on the trail. You can buy the permanent patches he used but it is hard to do yourself given you have to get the tire off the rim. I have done it once but it was on my ATV tire. It took well over an hour to get the tire off the rim. It wasn't fun.

No offense taken - I'm not a tire expert although despite having tires plugged at many different tire shops over the years this is the very first shop that has used a plug and patch from the inside. All the others that I can recall plugged from the outside. I'm happy I know this now and wanted to make sure and share it with others.

That first photo caught my attention, thought for a moment that the blown tire on the ground was one of yours...that would have been a story for sure. Glad it was just a plug replacement.

As you roam around Texas there is good remote camping at the state wildlife areas. Typically have less public use that major destination areas such as Big Bend NP:

Texas WMA Camping

I am going to curse myself and state that I will never suffer a catastrophic failure of a tire since the primary reason an event like that takes place is because the tire was some combination of being underinflated and/or overloaded, and exposed to high speeds and high temperatures for an extended period of time. At NASA Langley Research Center we had the Aircraft Dynamics Landing Facility which was used to test the tires for the shuttle program along with other aeronautical and private tests. I didn't work in that area although I did work with a few guys that had and since I roadraced motorcycles, off-roaded, etc., I always had an interest in tires and learning more.

And thank you for that wonderful link to Texas WMA camping spots - I am in west Texas right now and will try and stop by the two WMAs in the area if I am close to them.

That’s the way we did it at the shop I worked at 20 years ago. Never seen the “marshmallow” method before though.

The fire and associated heat are part of the hot vulcanization process. The cold process does not use heat and takes longer to cure from what I read.

Note: see U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association Puncture Repair Procedures for Passenger and Light Truck Tires PDF attached.

Attachments

• Puncture_repair_handout_17_2.pdf
    495.6 KB · Views: 3

hdas

No offense taken - I'm not a tire expert although despite having tires plugged at many different tire shops over the years this is the very first shop that has used a plug and patch from the inside. All the others that I can recall plugged from the outside. I'm happy I know this now and wanted to make sure and share it with others.

I am going to curse myself and state that I will never suffer a catastrophic failure of a tire since the primary reason an event like that takes place is because the tire was some combination of being underinflated and/or overloaded, and exposed to high speeds and high temperatures for an extended period of time. At NASA Langley Research Center we had the Aircraft Dynamics Landing Facility which was used to test the tires for the shuttle program along with other aeronautical and private tests. I didn't work in that area although I did work with a few guys that had and since I roadraced motorcycles, off-roaded, etc., I always had an interest in tires and learning more.

And thank you for that wonderful link to Texas WMA camping spots - I am in west Texas right now and will try and stop by the two WMAs in the area if I am close to them.

The fire and associated heat are part of the hot vulcanization process. The cold process does not use heat and takes longer to cure from what I read.

Note: see U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association Puncture Repair Procedures for Passenger and Light Truck Tires PDF attached.

Do you have plans to carry a full size spare?

ramblinChet

Do you have plans to carry a full size spare?

I do have plans to carry a spare although it looks like I must design my own carrier. In few months when my travels slow down out west I will begin to sketch out a basic design and then perform calculations to determine what materials would work best. I suspect that between now and sometime in the spring or early summer the design will have been completed. It is around that same time I will be returning back east so having it built then will work out perfectly. Those are the plans anyway, lol.

ramblinChet

It has been a number of days since I have had any cellular service or internet connectivity so I would like to wish you a belated Merry Christmas!!!

As I slowly work my way to the west I find myself passing through small towns connected by long and lonely roads. The driving is different out here and overall I would rate it as peaceful. You have much time to think and contemplate life as you drive along these never-ending roads. I stopped into one larger town and happened upon quite an interesting hotel named Hotel Paisano, where Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean, and Dennis Hopper, stayed while filming the movie Giant in 1956. My guess is one day I will return to the area and stay in one of the rooms. Which one would you choose and more importantly, why?
BB 01.jpg

Ghost busses used for transporting illegal aliens and other criminals are unfortunately very common along the border. These are busses with no company or government markings that have windows tinted so deep it is nearly impossible to determine what is inside. If you happen to pass a Ghost bus with the sun on the other side you will notice the interior has been caged to prevent occupants from breaking a window and escaping. If you view a Ghost bus from head on you will notice a wall that separates the driver from the "passengers." Our population and the population of Europa is being replaced intentionally.
BB 02.jpg

Since I was exploring the border between these United States and Mexico I sometimes end up in places few people have ever been. In this instance I am moving along the Rio Grande River while observing geological formations I never knew existed. For reference, to the right is Mexico and to the left is Texas.
BB 03.jpg

From what I was able to learn, from approximately 7,000 to 4,000 years ago people lived in these dry-rock shelters along the river. These are interesting areas to explore since these shelters also include pictographs which I was able to view up close.
BB 04.jpg

The Rio Grande River confuses me since some areas seem wide and deep whereas others are narrow and shallow. Most of what I experienced on this day was narrow and shallow and when I mention shallow, I am suggesting 6-12" deep in many areas. We were on a custom "mud boat" specifically designed for this type of application. It was not uncommon for us to be moving along and feel a drag on the belly which represented us passing over a very shallow section of the river.
BB 05.jpg

The primary reason we spent the day exploring this section of the river was twofold: testing the real-world effectiveness of this new custom "mud boat" while also conducting a patrol. I won't go into great detail but we covered much territory and I learned quite a bit regarding signals used to detect crossings of animals versus humans. And when I speak of humans, only those with a very strong desire to cross undetected attempt to cross in areas such as these. In short, we were looking for the worst-of-the-worst.
BB 06.jpg

Here is a dry-rock shelter that was so large it would be easy to construct a full-sized home inside of it. We spent well over an hour investigating this particular location since there were signals that other humans had visited in the recent past. Some of the areas explored on the Mexican side were primitive fishing and hunting camps that are still being used today.
BB 07.jpg

When it was time to "get out of Dodge" these men knew what to do and to some degree reminded me of Special Warfare Combat Crewman back home in Little Creek, Virginia. In this shot we are wide-open with only around five feet of water on each side of the vessel and very little underneath. There was one time when I was looking back where we were traveling so fast and displacing so much shallow water that I looked back and saw a trail of mud with water rushing in from each side to refill the void we created.
BB 08.jpg

Life is different out here along the border in the Wild West...
BB 09.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior