2021 Ram 5500 Overlanding/Expedition Rig Base w/ tons of mods (USA-UT)($105K)

frodotbaggins88

Hey friends, some of you may remember my build thread from a couple of years ago. Some of my plans have changed over the last couple years and I have decided to sell this rig along with all the parts and mods. Will make an excellent platform for an expedition truck box or you could go simpler and do a tray bed and a camper, lots of possibilities for this rig. A lot of the difficult and expensive work has already been done. This truck is basically brand new, only 100 miles on it and all the plastic is still on the seats from the factory. I custom ordered this truck from Ram and it is immaculate with Laramie trim and all options added. Ordered without carpet for easy cleaning. I have all the Ram factory parts to do a full chrome delete including the Night edition LED headlights. The truck needs a front bumper and I need to wrap up a small amount of work on front suspension but I wanted to get it posted and allow any potential buyer to have a say in what bumper goes on, or if they’d like to leave it off and acquire their own. I’m flexible as to what parts do or don’t come with the truck, I’m willing to keep whatever you don’t want to pay for to lower your upfront cost. Any parts that come with will be discounted. I didn’t spare any expense on this build and all the parts on this truck are top notch, high quality parts. This thing is ready to go anywhere. I will add a full list of the mods shortly but the build thread covers a lot of them. Just getting a post up to gauge interest. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_6493.jpeg
    IMG_6493.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_4201.jpeg
    IMG_4201.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,009
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 993

MEUSOC

Observer
You certainly got my attention with carpet delete/Add black vinyl floor covering!
Brilliant!

LikeABoss

Observer
6 months ago, I’d have snapped this up. I’m too far into my 4500 now though… interested to see what other goodies you will have for sale.

frodotbaggins88

6 months ago, I’d have snapped this up. I’m too far into my 4500 now though… interested to see what other goodies you will have for sale.

Mostly just bolt-on stuff. Warn 16.5ti winch with spydura synthetic cable, factor 55 aluminum fairlead, factor 55 flatlink expert, airlift 3p air suspension kit. The night edition headlights and grille and trim pieces if they don’t sell with the truck.

magic tingles

I'm casually in the market for a 5500, want to flatbed it and put winter oriented camper on it to chase snow as well as playing in other seasons. Also will be DD, but my moto is DD in sunny sd, i only use my zr2 6k/y. Wasn't planning on super singles. Looking to pull the trigger around nov ish and get the ball rolling, dont think will be done by this winter. I'll search your posts when I have a moment
I have a pretty dialed 4x4 class c that I will put for sale in nov as well

hudd07

I'm casually in the market for a 5500, want to flatbed it and put winter oriented camper on it to chase snow as well as playing in other seasons. Also will be DD, but my moto is DD in sunny sd, i only use my zr2 6k/y. Wasn't planning on super singles. Looking to pull the trigger around nov ish and get the ball rolling, dont think will be done by this winter. I'll search your posts when I have a moment
Careful with your plans in CA

1cambo

I am curious about the price and not trying to offend but how do you get from roughly $67,000 cost of the truck to over $100K?
I am unaware of what mods are done so that's why I ask.
Do the fender flairs fully cover the tires?
Super cool rig!
thanks,
GLWS

toadman5500

I just posted a 2012 5500 flatbed with a camper you might like. Not quite as built and older, but much cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12