2022 Ford F350 RossMonster

CuStOm

Adventurer
If there's one thing that came out of the pandemic supply versus demand issues it's that a lot of people overpaid and are now either trying to recover their loss as much as possible. Or they're under some false sense that the supply issues continue. Clearly with inflation and dealer inventory overload, it's all bound to normalize over this year....

COoverlander

If there's one thing that came out of the pandemic supply versus demand issues it's that a lot of people overpaid and are now either trying to recover their loss as much as possible. Or they're under some false sense that the supply issues continue. Clearly with inflation and dealer inventory overload, it's all bound to normalize over this year....
It’s already happening. People bought these rigs thinking they could sell them for even money, or even at a profit, if they needed to. That has been true for the past couple years, but has quickly turned around. Credit ain’t cheap anymore, and anyone with cash is smart enough not to be paying 300 large for something like this. I just don’t see the value here, other than looking cool ?.

carleton

The Ford based ROSSMONSTER in the OP is at Overland Expo with a "show price" of $275k.

The Dealer owned ROSSMONSTER linked above (Chevy platform) has been marked down to $250k.

Curious to see how long this continues for.....

Reactions: mog

rawtoxic

I seen the white Ford base in person at Adventure Van Expo in Evergreen, CO as well as the Rossmonster demo / show unit. I was pretty impressed. Not sure I want to put out that type of coin but it is pretty spiffy that they are 9' tall or less when in lowered position. You could store one of these in a normal high door garage. I spoke with the builders and seem like great guys and seem to be willing to do whatever custom you want. I must say this units were more impressive in person than I anticipated!

carleton

I seen the white Ford base in person at Adventure Van Expo in Evergreen, CO as well as the Rossmonster demo / show unit. I was pretty impressed. Not sure I want to put out that type of coin but it is pretty spiffy that they are 9' tall or less when in lowered position. You could store one of these in a normal high door garage. I spoke with the builders and seem like great guys and seem to be willing to do whatever custom you want. I must say this units were more impressive in person than I anticipated!
I mean, yeah. If money was no object I think this is the rig that both my wife and I could agree on. Pretty much all of the advantages of a hard-top, plus the advantages of a popup. With a nice finish as well. I guess time will tell on the durability....

Both of us own Tigers.....fyi, so that probably makes a statement on our use-case.

rawtoxic

It's basically pop-up tiger.

I also found this one linked below surfing looking for pics of Rossmonster Baja builds tonight. I do not like the rear steps and how they stow inside. This one feels like an earlier build the ones i seen today were more refined it seemed. The owners told me they have built 100s of vans but only 30 or so Baja trucks. I am wondering what a single cab would look like or maybe extended cab.
$125k

carleton

It's basically pop-up tiger.

I also found this one linked below surfing looking for pics of Rossmonster Baja builds tonight. I do not like the rear steps and how they stow inside. This one feels like an earlier build the ones i seen today were more refined it seemed. The owners told me they have built 100s of vans but only 30 or so Baja trucks. I am wondering what a single cab would look like or maybe extended cab.
$125k
Good find, I hadn't seen that one yet.

The rear steps are 6.5' bed model, there's not enough room to have the side door on the 6'.5 bed.
But yeah, I think once they introduced the 8' bed, it's a much better layout, so I think most of their sales are now on the larger model.

try one for $125!

https://www.rvusa.com/2021-rossmonster-overland-baja-conversion-van-3685365
1_36825_3685365_241327125.jpg

rawtoxic

I want one of these on a regular cab with 8 foot bed.
I asked them and they will build it but at this time there is only one fiberglass mold they use for the cabin so it will overhang the top of the windshield a bit on a single cab. May make it hard at stop lights and watching overhead on some trails. I want one pretty bad myself after seeing two and meeting the builders. My dream would be to bring them a cherry 1993 Dodge cummins and have a ross monster cabin built to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998