2022 RAM 5500 Composite "Super Camper"

180out

great hot spring there as well. take the tour of the dredge at the bottom of that road. crazy story of how and why its there.

Brad_UT

Craig - so happy for you buddy! I hadn't checked your thread in a while. Wow, lots of progress! Take care sir. We'll see you on the road one of these days!

StenchRV

Craig - so happy for you buddy! I hadn't checked your thread in a while. Wow, lots of progress! Take care sir. We'll see you on the road one of these days!
BRAD! Good to hear from you! Would be great to run into you out and about. Exploring the west a little while longer. ENJOYING IT BIGTIME!

CHEERS!!

StenchRV

great hot spring there as well. take the tour of the dredge at the bottom of that road. crazy story of how and why its there.
Skipped the hot spring in the rain but the dredge and the stories the volunteers told….a not miss!
We drove ID 21 from Stanley to Boise….AMAZING! and newly paved. Cloudy day but that made it even better for colors and views.

Thanks for the info….again 😃

CHEERS!!

1693098143445.jpeg

Last edited:

180out

a little jelly TBH. I just got back from our 22 day trip a month ago and I'm ready for another. 30 days of work and 30 days of play. seems fair to me! come check out the Owens Valley. HWY 6 from Utah to Bishop is an amazing ride.

Vance Vanz

Hey All,

I had the pleasure of seeing this thing in person a few weeks ago :love:(y)(y)!

Craig and Angie were nice enough to take a slight detour and pay me a visit. I had a great time: checking out their rig, swapping build stories and getting to know them on a personal and relational level. Such good peeps!!

Let me tell yah, the pictures don't do it justice! Of course they have been doing a good job of taking great photos for the build thread, but this thing looks even cleaner, sharper and SWEEEEEEEEEETER, in person. It's also bigger in person 😳. Sometimes I forget how massive these builds are, or maybe it's just because Craig and Angie are way cooler and faster at building their rig than I am-I still haven't gotten my box onto the sub frame/truck yet.

They also came to see me at the perfect time, just when I needed a break from my build before I was about to implode, or explode, due to working too much. We had the opportunity to spend a few quality days together and I appreciated it more than they know.

Craig and Angie, you two rock, and I can't thank you enough for paying me a visit to let me know there is light at then end of this long-pitch black-build tunnel ;):giggle:!

Keep soaking up every drop of your travels and we'll chat soon enough.

Warm regards,

Vance

StenchRV

Hey All,

I had the pleasure of seeing this thing in person a few weeks ago :love:(y)(y)!

Craig and Angie were nice enough to take a slight detour and pay me a visit. I had a great time: checking out their rig, swapping build stories and getting to know them on a personal and relational level. Such good peeps!!

Let me tell yah, the pictures don't do it justice! Of course they have been doing a good job of taking great photos for the build thread, but this thing looks even cleaner, sharper and SWEEEEEEEEEETER, in person. It's also bigger in person 😳. Sometimes I forget how massive these builds are, or maybe it's just because Craig and Angie are way cooler and faster at building their rig than I am-I still haven't gotten my box onto the sub frame/truck yet.

They also came to see me at the perfect time, just when I needed a break from my build before I was about to implode, or explode, due to working too much. We had the opportunity to spend a few quality days together and I appreciated it more than they know.

Craig and Angie, you two rock, and I can't thank you enough for paying me a visit to let me know there is light at then end of this long-pitch black-build tunnel ;):giggle:!

Keep soaking up every drop of your travels and we'll chat soon enough.

Warm regards,

Vance
Vance,

Thank you for the VERY KIND words!

It was really great to get to visit with you, get to know you, and see the amazing work on your build.
A TON OF WORK....but amazing. Can not wait to park the rigs on a beach together and share a cold one!

Do not fool yourself! These builds take a TON of planning, work, dedication, pain and suffering.
Anyone who has committed to a build of this size knows all too well the work involved...A TON!
The rewards are great and you know every inch of your own rig...which is priceless for various reasons.

The absolute enjoyment is also real. We are having a BLAST on our big journey. SO MANY places to camp and see that we could NEVER get to with our old motorhome rig. Our bumper tow and 5th wheel rigs could never, without bending or breaking something, camped where we have camped.

CHEERS!!

Craig & Angie

StenchRV

Never stop exploring....

1694569993220.jpeg
Overlooking the north rim of the Grand Canyon.

1694570137322.jpeg
Camp chair view! There are also campsites on the edge of the rim! AMAZING!

1694570228702.jpeg
What do you do when you pass through Hurricane UT on your way to Zion...stop by Matt's Offroad Recovery!

1694570314906.jpeg
Why did we backtracked a little to Zion NP....to cross paths with our inspiration build.
RAM5500 CAMPERTHING GREAT meetup Kevin! Had a GREAT time enjoying fine wine at Zion Vineyards together and the steaks your wife cooked were FANTASTIC! A few days spent looking over each others builds and swapping GREAT information....wins and fails! So goes DIY!
Looking forward to the next meetup!

1694570734524.jpeg

1694570777505.jpeg
A little lake time is always good for the soul!

Off to more adventures......

CHEERS!!

andy_b

I got to see Craig and Angie's truck in person and it is unreal. I've been inside a handful of similar vehicles over the years and tbh nothing apart from GXV's Patagonia and a Blissmobil I saw at Expo compared. Their attention to detail is amazing! I think they've set a new high-water mark for DIY builds here. So, so nice.

StenchRV

I got to see Craig and Angie's truck in person and it is unreal. I've been inside a handful of similar vehicles over the years and tbh nothing apart from GXV's Patagonia and a Blissmobil I saw at Expo compared. Their attention to detail is amazing! I think they've set a new high-water mark for DIY builds here. So, so nice.
Andy,

It was GREAT to have breakfast with you and your lovely wife. So cool to FINALLY get both rigs together. Thanks for driving your rig to the meetup, and for the drone work.
We need to make time for camping next time :)

WOW...the kind words!! THANK YOU! As you well know it takes a LOT of planning and hard work but it feels like the end results are what we were shooting for in OUR build.
Never truly finished..LOL :)

1695474509865.jpeg
1695474562914.jpeg

CHEERS!!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I had the honor and the privilege to meet with @StenchRV aka Craig and Angie recently, and check out the rig in person. Holy hell!

The photos dont even remotely do it justice, whatsoever!

HANDS DOWN, THE (not one of, THE) best DIY camper and layout i have ever seen, and i have seen a TON.

Attention to details, and quality of craftsmanship is actually BETTER than many of the "Professionally Built"

Lets just say, i visited a builder that ryhmes with Murf Foamer a few days after touring Craigs, and both the wife and i agree Craigs was nicer, and better built, true story.

His layout is HANDS DOWN the best use of space i have seen in ANY camper, and 4 of us were in it very comfortably. Mine is very close to the same dimensionwise, and 3 are cramped.

During this trip we spent time in ours, Craigs, a Bliss Mobil, and 2 Murf Foamers. I would take Craigs any day of the week out of the bunch.

Those that know me, know that compliments dont come easy, sooooo... LOL

Yeah, the rig is amazing, but so are the owners, wife and i loved our time with Craig and Angie and they are amazing humans, which will now be lifelong friends.

I said to the wife after spending time with them, "See hon, that's how i want to retire, and do those things"

Her reply was, "Yeah, that is pretty awesome, we just need to make some changes inside so its more comfy, and then we will be good to go"

WOOHOO shes hooked! (note: this was wifes first time joining me for more than a week, and things fell into place perfectly so she loved it)

Bravo Sir (and Madam) for an amazing build, and we look forward to more camping with ya

NOTE: I will 100% be swapping out my Tern windows for the Outbound windows at somepoint soon after seeing the insane quality difference

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I had the honor and the privilege to meet with Craig and Angie recently, and check out the rig in person. Holy hell!

The photos dont even remotely do it justice, whatsoever!

HANDS DOWN, THE (not one of, THE) best DIY camper and layout i have ever seen, and i have seen a TON.

Attention to details, and quality of craftsmanship is actually BETTER than many of the "Professionally Built"

Lets just say, i visited a builder that ryhmes with Murf Foamer a few days after touring Craigs, and both the wife and i agree Craigs was nicer, and better built, true story.

His layout is HANDS DOWN the best use of space i have seen in ANY camper, and 4 of us were in it very comfortably. Mine is very close to the same dimensionwise, and 3 are cramped.

During this trip we spent time in ours, Craigs, a Bliss Mobil, and 2 Murf Foamers. I would take Craigs any day of the week out of the bunch.

Those that know me, know that compliments dont come easy, sooooo... LOL

Yeah, the rig is amazing, but so are the owners, wife and i loved our time with Craig and Angie and they are amazing humans, which will now be lifelong friends.

I said to the wife after spending time with them, "See hon, that's how i want to retire, and do those things"

Her reply was, "Yeah, that is pretty awesome, we just need to make some changes inside so its more comfy, and then we will be good to go" WOOHOO shes hooked! (note: this was wifes first time joining me for more than a week, and things fell into place perfectly so she loved it)

Bravo Sir (and Madam) for an amazing build, and we look forward to more camping with ya
Glad to see you're out enjoying your rig. Haven't seen you around here in a while.
Figured you were among the many that stopped coming here, haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior