Jimmy Buffets SMB

FlyingWen

Explorer
I have had Buffet on a few of my flights before going to Cali.

EXTREMELY Great Guy!

Acually, come to think of it..... I am in MargaritaVille right now!!!!!!
:beer: :beer: :beer:

PS: We need a margarita Icon! :sombrero:

riverguide

Adventurer
jeffryscott said:
I believe he used to own a Defender 110, painted black, if I'm not mistaken. We should send him a special invite to the next Expedition Trophy.:arabia:

He also used to own a yellow d90. Somebody in Tulsa had it a few yrs back. It was all decked out.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
1leg said:
Jeremy, Dropping names again. :victory:
Question: How do you know if there's a pilot in the room?

Answer: He'll tell you.

:sombrero:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Rough eh ;) Just picking out some new longboard, a Lightspeed Ti Mtn Bike here, do a show there... Sighn me up, I'd like to enlist.

Cheers

Dave

Ridgewalker

Adventurer
Had the opportunity in, I believe it was about 1967, in the student center of East Texas State University to hear and chat with Buffet. He was a nice guy to chat with back then. Good tunes even then.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
As posted over on the SMBforum.

green.jpg

More photos here..
http://www.margaritaville.com/index.php?page=obx_gallery&ga=78

A guy over at Samba.com says he works for Buffett and this is one of his rigs too, and he still has it. I see a pattern.

buff.jpg

deminimis

Explorer
Love the color of the green SMB. It appears to be the same color I used when I painted my former '69 Nissan Patrol (yes, sold it and yes, that was a mistake). If so, its a VW Eurovan color from the early 90's. It was a little loud as far as colors go, but I lived in Hood River then, so it was just fine. Though I've tried, I'm just not a big fan of his tunes, but I do like his taste in rigs.

I wonder what the guys from Primus drive???:)

bovw

Explorer
I finally saw the writeup in the Coconut Telegraph, I have to wonder how many people at Kill Devil Hills had no idea who was there. I too have read all his books, own everything he's recorded that can be bought (except a few of the recent live ones that are all similar playlists), and he puts on a great show. I'll be looking out for this SMB on my travels.

Bella PSD

Explorer
I like the fact that he runs the van on Biodiesel and knows all about it!! COOL!
He should have kept heading south to the Core Banks...maybe next time.

Louie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior