255/85r17 Anyone running them?

sancap

I put some on my 2022 Ram Power Wagon using the stock 17X8 rims. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss E-rated. They balanced easily and run smooth gripping the wet roads nicely. I have about 2000 miles on them with no mud or snow yet. Living in the Tampa Florida area I probably will not see snow anytime soon :)
Mounted to the rim and aired up they measure about 34.6" Installed on the truck they measure about 34". I run them at 47 PSI-fronts and 50 PSI for the rears. This image compares the original 285/70-R17 duratracs that came with the truck.

Attachments

• mt1.JPG
    mt1.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 66
  • mt2.JPG
    mt2.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 68
  • mt3.JPG
    mt3.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 66

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I put some on my 2022 Ram Power Wagon using the stock 17X8 rims. Mickey Thompson Baja Boss E-rated. They balanced easily and run smooth gripping the wet roads nicely. I have about 2000 miles on them with no mud or snow yet. Living in the Tampa Florida area I probably will not see snow anytime soon :)
Mounted to the rim and aired up they measure about 34.6" Installed on the truck they measure about 34". I run them at 47 PSI-fronts and 50 PSI for the rears. This image compares the original 285/70-R17 duratracs that came with the truck.
Looks great! How's your cornering and stability been on the highway/interstate?

plumber mike

Adventurer
Looks great! How's your cornering and stability been on the highway/interstate?
Is this for your new XD? It was my understanding that a 17” wheel on an XD can only be steel due to caliper clearance issues.
Definitely following along as it looks like a great size.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Is this for your new XD? It was my understanding that a 17” wheel on an XD can only be steel due to caliper clearance issues.
Definitely following along as it looks like a great size.
Yep. Some aftermarket 17s like Methods fit. However, I'm not opposed to painting or powder coating the OEM steelies either. My factory Pro4x wheels I swapped my 275/70r18 snow tires on to from my previous regular Titan so I need wheels anyways for the non cold seasons.

MR. ED

Observer
Got some on my f350. So far, so good. Not much snow around here yet. They have the mountain/snowflake rating which is why I got them. First time in 10 years I didn't get Cooper ST Maxx.

dstefan

I’d be real interested to hear how the Baja Bosses affect your mileage. I've looked at them and been interested in them, but they are a lot heavier than just about any other tire in nearby sizes. I'd love to have that size and toughness, though.

sancap

I only had the stock Duratracs for a couple of thousand miles on my 2022. I don't see much of a difference after having about 2500 miles with the 255/85R17's. Maybe a little better because they are not as wide. I did adjust the speedo so who knows if I am actually getting better milage. It is what it is!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Fit perfectly with OEM powder coated 17s. No rubbing and the spare fits fine.
ebc5182632c18457a3481be85884006c.jpg
a603c9460faaa04b4333f4a675b178df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior