2nd Gen Liberty Experience...

tommudd

Explorer
What size tires? 235/85R16 with no lift or 255/85R16s with the lift? He'll maybe even some cheap rubi takeoffs?

Never get 235-85-16s on with stock lift, do good with 245-70s . 4 inches of lift needed for 265-75s or 235-85s
Good part is you can regear to 4.56s /4.88s on the KKs where as the KJs only 4.10s

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
I like the KK. I agree its better looking than the KJ, it reminds me of a mini-Commander as the front clips are so similar. Aren't they a little smaller than your XJ?

Only thing I would question is do you really need a front locker for this? I would think a rear lockers worth would be the hardest I'd wheel this thing. I say do it and build it up like you did your XJ as a "do-it-all" vehicle.

11333669-orlando-jeep-liberty.png

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I like the KK. I agree its better looking than the KJ, it reminds me of a mini-Commander as the front clips are so similar. Aren't they a little smaller than your XJ?

Only thing I would question is do you really need a front locker for this? I would think a rear lockers worth would be the hardest I'd wheel this thing. I say do it and build it up like you did your XJ as a "do-it-all" vehicle.

11333669-orlando-jeep-liberty.png

I was just listing the available mods that I found. :)

Good question on the specs, though. Legroom front and rear is a bit bigger. Inch or two. Interior width is actually a bit bigger shoulderwise, but hipwise is a bit tighter.

Cargo room is quite a bit bigger overall, length width and height.

No idea about track width or overall exterior width/length, though...

What's nice is the winch mount puts the winch high up and doesn't effect ground clearance at all. That way if I put a 1.5-2" lift on and went up a tire size Approach, departure and breakover angles would only improve.

The real test though, is going to be actually putting 3 carseats in the back, and taking it for a drive...might do that tomorrow actually. :)

Last edited:

Pilotblake

We traded our KK for a minivan before we had twins. At the time our snap in and out car seats were a tight fit, not to mention no room for anything else. I am sure we could have made the liberty work, but for us the extra room in the van has been a life saver. The van will be paid off in a couple years and we will probably switch to a 4 door unlimited. Here is a picture of that dreadful day. The van is in the background.

IMG_5401_zps89da0eea.jpg
IMG_5407.jpg

Picture of the KK and roof slider pre kids
IMG_3909_zps5803c629.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5402.jpg
    IMG_5402.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member