2nd Monongahela WV, 8/24 - 8/27/07

kcowyo

ExPo Original
BigAl said:
I'm pretty pysched myself, I just finnished reading "the Road" and "Miracle in the Andes", so we won't go hungry:p :p
<buttin' in>

That is so wrong. So very, very wrong. :chowtime:

<buttin' out>

jim65wagon

Haggis said:
Ah, Al. You plannin on cookin up some Soylent Green? Please camp at the far end of the grove, you know, somewhere where we can keep an eye on you. I'll take the first watch. Just be oiling my gun and sharpening my knives, you know just in case.. don't pay any attention to me..just minding my own business.. Good God, Al's gone cannibal!!! Or maybe he's always been a cannibal and finds his "meals" on 4x4 forums....No, thats just crazy talk...Al seems like a such a nice guy...yeah, Al's a nice guy...:yikes:

So, Haggis, I guess we need to bring the usual accoutrement for dealing with the more "rowdy" folk. The broadheads are sharp but the chain is in need of a cleaning...

BigAl

Expedition Leader
jim65wagon said:
So, Haggis, I guess we need to bring the usual accoutrement for dealing with the more "rowdy" folk. The broadheads are sharp but the chain is in need of a cleaning...

It'd be just like a Virginian to bring a chain to riot shotgun fight:p I would be giving up some range to you with your broadheads though, I'll have rethink this one,:p

In my first post of this thread, I said I'd try to post more to convince all I'm not a psycho:yikes: Boy, did that ever backfire:victory:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
jim65wagon said:

I'm thinking my Celt hand axe and the saex knife for the cave dwellers (it'll be close in melee there), Long Cleave, the Austrian two handed warsword, for the cannibals (keeps them at a distance), and for Al, I'll bring him some bear burger and some moose steaks so he'll forgo his new diet (because a well fed Al is a happy Al). Moose Steaks...rubbed with olive oil and Greek seasonings slow cooking over red hot coals....juices sizzling...

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
This trip can't come soon enough ... despite the possibility of being eaten.

monongahela.gif

Incusus

Adventurer
cshontz said:
This trip can't come soon enough ... despite the possibility of being eaten.

:xxrotflma
. :xxrotflma
. . :xxrotflma
. . . :xxrotflma
. . .. :xxrotflma.

Last edited:

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Wish somebody was coming from down in my area. Nullifier is still working on his truck and he hasn't posted in this thread in a while so probably not looking good for him..

I have a Week to burn and I am seriously thinking about heading east from Atlanta over to Wilmington NC or hell maybe down to Savannah GA running the coast staying at Parks along the way up the OBX to Virgina Beach and then over to Davis.

Atl to Wilmington and up looks like about 1200 miles. About $200 in fuel or so up.

Need to get the trailer finished if I am going to do it.

jim65wagon

BigAl said:
It'd be just like a Virginian to bring a chain to riot shotgun fight:p I would be giving up some range to you with your broadheads though, I'll have rethink this one,:p

In my first post of this thread, I said I'd try to post more to convince all I'm not a psycho:yikes: Boy, did that ever backfire:victory:

Terribly sorry for the confusion old boy...the broadheads were obvious but the chain refers to the generic term for an old fashioned body protection system against sharp objects being slashed in ones direction...keep your shotgun, sleep light...there may be more than one psycho available; not naming names of course...:REOutShootinghunter

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
jim65wagon said:
Terribly sorry for the confusion old boy...the broadheads were obvious but the chain refers to the generic term for an old fashioned body protection system against sharp objects being slashed in ones direction...keep your shotgun, sleep light...there may be more than one psycho available; not naming names of course...:REOutShootinghunter

Geez, it's no wonder there haven't been any new sign ups. It must be the PA water that effects Al, Jim (he had 13 years of exposure before VA) and me. Scrambles the synapses and distorts precieved reality, but we're OK, really we are.

I'm willing to bring an assorted wild game selection if any one is interested. Menu could include bear, caribou, moose and venison ( I've got some of my dad's PA elk left but that's my private stash, mitts off!). Let me know if any of you folks are interested and the number of mouths to feed so I can guage how much to bring. Caribou burgers, moose stew, I can think of some good camp food depending on the demand and how much time we have. If it's raining what better way to pass the time but charring and eating?:elkgrin:

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Haggis said:
Geez, it's no wonder there haven't been any new sign ups. It must be the PA water that effects Al, Jim (he had 13 years of exposure before VA) and me. Scrambles the synapses and distorts precieved reality, but we're OK, really we are.

I'm willing to bring an assorted wild game selection if any one is interested. Menu could include bear, caribou, moose and venison ( I've got some of my dad's PA elk left but that's my private stash, mitts off!). Let me know if any of you folks are interested and the number of mouths to feed so I can guage how much to bring. Caribou burgers, moose stew, I can think of some good camp food depending on the demand and how much time we have. If it's raining what better way to pass the time but charring and eating?:elkgrin:

I hope we didn't scare anyone off, I'm about as normal and boring as anyone you'd ever meet, just having a little e-fun.:eek::eek: I've had moose and venison, but never any type of primate:hehe: Seriously though, i'd try bear if you brought some.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Okay, what about the maybe-ers? Carl ... where is Carl? He hasn't posted in over a month. Njjeepthing put in a maybe, and Superu expressed some interest. It'd be great to have you guys. :)

I know there's probably a bunch of other regional lurkers, too. You guys probably scared 'em off. :steak:

monongahela.gif

I was studying the topo map and satellite imagery last night. Last year, we explored an old forest road that had been put to disuse. If we choose to return to this spot, some vehicles may have difficulty here. Satellite indicates there might be more roads worth exploring in that area, but it is not a high priority destination.

Also, the stream that passes our campsite flows down the mountain and forms a series of magnificent waterfalls. I would like to hike (climb/fall/swim) down the mountain by following the stream, possibly to the point where it runs into another stream, and then follow that back up to the road. I'm sure to some extent it'll be exhausting, but it'll almost definitely be beautiful. I'll be sure to make some waypoints and check distances for this.

272422787_b30353eaa6.jpg

Last edited:

toyotechwv

Observer
Haggis said:

I've only had venison before. I'd be game to try whatever you bring. (pun intended)

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
There shouldn't be any problems with a fullsize said:
That's the plan to bring the Dodge, but he doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Saturday as I was leaving to go to the job and within sight of the house, I tagged a deer with the front end, after checking for damage and not seeing any I started back down the road and at about 50 yards the hood flew up. Didn't do anything to the hood, but bent the hinges, Then the air conditioning compressor went out and fouled the orfice and cond.. Hope to get that fixed before this weekend, we're suppose to meet up with Jim and kin in WV this weekend. Hope the old Dodge is done throwing a tantrum, or I might be in for a thrash to get some storage options on the LJ and to get the lift on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12