2WD Dodge 1500

angusdevil

Adventurer
Without a leveling kit, you can go up to a 295 with no rubbing. With a 2" spacer you can do a 315 or 35 with some minor rubbing on the fender liner.

98dango

Expedition Leader
i ran 2wd for a long time you just plan and some times got to use it harder than you want but its all good. I kept up most of the time with the 4wd truck and just on fire roads i would woop them but i also had the suspension for high speed action

Mr. Moore

Observer
I just got rid of the factory 20s off of my truck and found a set of used toyo M55s for them in a 265/70/17. I thought about going bigger, but I also tow with my truck, so I didnt want to change to much to affect that. Check what your gear ratio is. I have the factory LSD and 3:92 gears in the rear end. If you have the 3:55s, you wont want to go too big of a tire or it will be a dog on the hills. I love the look of the steelies over the chrome 20s. I will try and get a pic posted of what my truck looks like with the new wheels and tires. A 315/70/17 is going to be a bit too big for our 2wd trucks....I think that with a leveling kit (2") they might fit, but they are almost 35s. the 4wd rams sit higher than the 2wds.

alexrex20

Explorer
my buddy has an '03 Ram. he had 295/75-17 stock with no rubbing. he now is leveled via tbar crank and is on 315/70-17 with no rubbing. hope it helps. :)

Mr. Moore

Observer
here it is with the 20s and the 17s. sorry not the best pics, but yo get the Idea. I also removed the black plastic valance at the bottom of the front bumper for more ground clearance and it is one less thing to get ripped off the truck.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 10
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 19

wely

Observer
Thanks for all the replies. Love the pics. I have the 3.92's, need the LSD. I'm thinking maybe 285/70-17s now would look real good on mine.

Mr. Moore

Observer
That is a good choice. I would have done that size but I got a great deal on the 265s I thought I would give them a try. post up a pic when you get em on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12