3 weeks exploring Baja...

chet

island Explorer
awesome trip report! I laugh at how your wife/ girlfriend is getting tanned/burned as the pictures go along! :D

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
Great write up. I went Baja over Xmas and can't wait to go back. I love mobbin' Baja style as someone mentioned but taking it slow and easy is good for the soul!

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Great write-up; love it.
So after far too much Tequila, I stumbled back to the campsite and proceeded to fall off of the tent ladder... twice... eventually I made it though...
... hmm , drinking and sleeping in a RTT is a dangerous combination. I myself made it up fine, but sure made a rapid descent when answering nature's call an hour later :eek:

El Guapo

Observer
great writeup. i want to do a similar run in the not so far future but the job gets in the way. oh and also the fact that it is a long drive to Baja from Detroit!

i would be looking for expedition partners that preferrably are located in SoAZ or CA so i could ship my rig to before flying in. that would be the only way for me to be able to run this given the time requirements vs. job obligations...

On the other hand, what i bring to the expedition is language, local and law of the land knowledge. Tentative plan would be to either round trip from the US through Baja OR down to Cabo through Baja and then across to the mainland and back to the US through the mainland. local stay in Los Mochis courtesy of me and time off for those who would want to do the railroad run to the Copper Canyon.

This is a skeleton plan and am open to suggestions and participation. I know that our neighbors up north in the maple leaf flag country are sometimes interested in this kind of expeditions so drop me a line you Ontario folk! we can discuss rig shipping to the southwest US and all that good stuff.....

and apologies for the highjack to the original thread, but i couldn't contain myself after reading the great story and replies!

Edgar

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
well done trip report! :victory:

When I was in Baja in January I traveled many of the same roads you did and stayed in some of the same places you did. I also fueled up at leats one of the same places you did! I enjoyed the East Cape road a lot myself. Slow going but I wasn't in any kind of a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12