33 x 10.50 x 15 on Expo Jeeps?

Green96D1

Explorer
i really like the 33x10.5 size. i have them on my land rover and have never looked back.

i think they look good on mild lifted jeeps and other 4wds alike.

Picture460.jpg

alexfm

Explorer
So what air pressure are you guys running on the street and off road?
I did the chalk thing and came up with 25 for the street, anybody else?

Im not running as big of tires as you guys (235/75/15 ~ 29") But I run 25 psi on the street. I dont get off road as often as I like, but I usually don't air down around here (desert area)

ROKTAXI

Adventurer
I just ordered a set of those in a 33, be here Monday. As much highway as I'll be doing I decided that longer wear and quiet outweighed any slight advantage the KM2's might have. I'll be trying them out at EJS in a few weeks.

I agree with you on your choice for your use. I've always been happy with the AT's. But seeing that most of my use is trail stuff, I thought I try the KM2's. They are a little noisier than I had hoped, but not bad..... so far. They really perform well off road and grip nicely on over the rocks & slickrock.

I usually run 25 lbs. highway and have always had a good wear pattern.

See ya'll in a couple weeks

RedRocker

Adventurer
Thanks Marty, yeah, it just kills me to drive two thousand miles round trip wearing out perfectly good MT's. It is nice to hear the radio though and I think I heard the engine for the first time. :sombrero:
We'll be in Friday morning around 9 I hope, we'll holler at Guy and go out and play. Take care, see ya then.

stick

Adventurer
I ran 33x10.5 BFGs and then 33x10.5 Swampers on my YJ. I loved the 10.5 tires. They did really well on road and still allowed me to use stock Jeep wheels. It also kept me legal with the tires under the flares with those stupid fender flare laws in PA.

MOAK

Adventurer
BFGs

I'm running 255/85/16s ( 33x11x16 ) and love them. Been on for 2 years now, about 20k miles, and hardly any wear.. I'm very, very pleased with them. The noise is minimal, and they feel great on the highway. Fat tires always made me feel like I was floating down the highway, these make me feel like I'm very much in control..

Zeep

Adventurer
Does any one know of a 33x10.5x16 tire that is C or D load range?
Preferably with a agressive tread pattern. Seems all I look at are E rated, and ride like crap on a light vehicle, like the Jeep. I can't wait to wear out my stock MTR's ( E-rated ).

srmitchell

Observer
The Maxxis Bighorn is offered in a 255/85/16 size. (33.3x10.4r16)

It is an 8 ply load d tire, and a favorite among many who want the skinny 33 on 16 inch rims.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12