37” tyres - opinions on what you have

Cuddy

Observer
I am looking to replace a set of Gladiator MT 37” tyres on my NPS, and was hoping for a few opinions on the available options (in Oz). I am looking for an all terrain tyre- less aggressive than the gladiators. Atw have a gladiator AT or Patriot rugged terrain and Truck Supersingles have Radar renagade. Does anyone have Any of these tyres on their trucks? Are you happy with performance, wear and ability to be balanced??
I have been reasonably happy with the gladiators (MT) so was leaning towards their AT but would appreciate any info or thoughts on any of the above options.
Cheers Brent

dan85

Observer
depending on what load rating you need the 129 rated hankook MT that AAV has is more of an aggressive AT than a full blown MT and are a good tyre.

Ultimark

As far as I understand it, the ATW Patriot RT tyre and the Truck Super Singles Radar Renegade RT tyre are one and the same, except they have a different name on the sidewall and are sourced from the same manufacturer. I know for sure that there are no AT 37" tyres in the 17" rim size easily available, I believe I have the last set of 6 which were fitted to our new truck last week up in sunny Qld. I assume that the AT tyres from both companies are also from the same manufacturer.

Hopefully we will receive our truck within two weeks, we cannot drive it down due to the shutdown, so it is being trucked down to Melbourne. Then I can give you an opinion.

I agree that the MT tyre is quite aggressive looking, my only experience with them is being in an NPS 300 with a set fitted, it felt alright, but.................. what would I know.

We were to have RT tyres, but delivery has been constantly put back, they come from Singapore and currently things aren't too flash there it would seem.

The RT (Rough Terrain) tyre is supposed to be a combination of MT and AT tyres to supposedly give a superior overall touring performance.

At first I was slightly disappointed at not getting the RT tyres, but am now quite happy with the AT tyres we do have; it will be a more honest reflection of what we will be doing.

These are the Gladiator X Comp AT tyres on our truck, they have a 131 rating = 1950 kg per tyre which with our front axle of 3,100 kg they cover and the rear running to the maximum of the tyres allows 3,900 kg for a total GVM of 7,000 kg. Yep the truck is being down rated to 7,000 kg.

Mick.

Truck_Build_IMG_4667.jpg

yabanja

Explorer
I started with a set of cooper Mud tires. They were very noisy. After that I moved to a set of BGF AT K02 tires. They were excellent in all conditions. Particularly Gravel. They had great tread wear and did surprisingly well in mud. The problem is that they were not round and vibrated badly from the first day I mounted them up. I ended up selling them with half tread. I then bought a set of PRO comp all terrains. They are the cheapest tire available and have been good. They are round, quiet, and have acceptable grip. Next time around I will likely try some Toyos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12