37 on stock quigley

cjken

Explorer
Are those light bars 24"??
I may do 2 24's on the sides of advantage 4000 and leave the middle one alone then put une on front bumper to fill in close and low with light.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
View attachment 322075
New water pump in.
Waiting to pick up radiator today.

What do you have going on in this pic?

Starting at top left youve got alternator, then straight across to the A/C compressor, below that is per steering pump, back to the left
Is water pump and then the vacuum pump at the very bottom left. Is that all correct?

I wonder how hard it would be to convert mine to a serpentine belt system (1992 idi). Every time a belt eats itself it's that stinking alternator belt and EVERY other belt has to come off in order to change it. And of course when it dies the vacuum pump goes with it which makes this thing the mother of all sons a bastidges to stop.

cjken

Explorer
I believe that is the order. If I get a chance I'll take a pic of the belt routing diagram which I think is under the hood. In away for s few days with out the van do I'll take a look later in the week.
I have not had belt problems with my idi, but it does not get driven much anymore.

I bought four of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0SQ8KG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_zCOGxbKSKR13E

Originally the plan was to install all four across to fill up the lightbar, but I mismeasured the clearance I needed on the brackets so it was a few inches too wide. If doing it over maybe three 24" bars would fill up the space better.

The only time I've had that alternator belt eat itself, I was already on the way to the mechanic for emissions testing so I just kept going!

I thought about mounting the fourth down low like you mentioned, but it's so much light (enough that I can't tell if my headlights are on or off) that's haven't felt any need. Because of the little flood light sections, it's even light from right in front all the way out. The only downside is it reflects back at me from the tops of my mirror bars, but that's nit picking after lots of late night back-road miles.

Last edited:

cjken

Explorer
Awesome!!
I get a bit of that mirror reflection also. I guess there is no way around it with that mounting position.

cjken

Explorer
Started mounting light bars in Whelen housing.
fc3692f76e166333f7463f42a9723a0c.jpg

c479e0473e8ed42a6a180a05e2f985c0.jpg

cjken

Explorer
Thanks.
The old lights reflected back off the tops of my mirrors really badly., These must be more focused because that problem is completely gone.

FDM2012

Adventurer
Those lights look pretty nice. Not sure what to do with my bar, as I want a roof rack above the cab.....

Just to go back and touch on the EBP topic. since buying my rig in May, I have been dealing with a lack of low end power.
Felt like driving an 80's car with a problematic Quadrajet. (Been there?...)

Anyways, after getting my LiveWire tuner installed last week (courtesy of Twisted Metal Offroad here in Tampa), a high backpressure
of about 107 was defueling my engine. I had changed the EBP sensor and cleaned the tube a month or so ago, but I guess the tube
was still plugged.
So, knowing that I will eventually change pedestal and do a complete delete, I unplugged the EBPV and ordered a bypass dongle for
the sensor. I just received it yesterday, and Holy Smokes, this thing is SCREAMING now!

I have the doghouse off for relining and sound proofing, so I only drove it around the block, but man, what a difference. I know I am
soon to have serious heat issues, with all the power mods I have done, so I also got some hood vents and will get them on in the
next week, hopefully....

Build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/159270-New-Member-New-Rig?p=2102869#post2102869

cjken

Explorer
Thanks for info
So you unplug EBPV on turbo pedestal and unplug EBP sensor.
Is that the correct way to default to open??
Can you just unplug the sensor in front to get it to open?

cjken

Explorer
Ok pulled connector near turbo
Left sensor attached in front.
Definitely made a difference.
It was staying closed at times that I believe it should not have.
I'm going to run it as is for the time being.

cjken

Explorer
Maxxfan showed up today.
Hoping it helps to cool down box on hot days.
Will post pics of install once I get time to work on it.
Also got some square led lights. I'm going to experiment by putting them in the flood light openings. I only got 2. If they work I'll order more
I have 12 floods all together.
Also have some projector headlights coming
Current headlights are really lame.

Abitibi

Explorer
You'll like your fan, i sure do! On mine it fitted perfectly between two cross support, easy pie!

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't rely on just that thick gooey tape stuff to seal it. Get some self leveling Dicor at your local RV place to go around it as well. Cause leaks are bad mmkay?

Btw, do your box Windows have screens? None of mine except the one the PO added do, and it sure would be nice to have that extra ventilation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman