3rd brake light on AEV mast?

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Hey y'all,

So I am about to pull the trigger on a rear camera setup and have been wanting to move my 3rd brake light from where the reverse camera will go to the top of the AEV tire carrier mast. Would love to use a trasharoo and still be legal.

How many of y'all have done this? What parts did you use?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

AeroMoto

I got a piece of 1.5" aluminum angle and mounted my stock 3rd brake on the top of the mast. Used a cut off wheel to cut off the brake light from the stock tire carrier. I unscrewed the 2 Torx screws to disconnect the brake light. Drilled 2 holes in the angle for the Torx screws. Then I extended the brake light wires by soldering an extension on. There are 2 bolt holes on top of the mast, I bolted the angle on top of the mast with bolts that hold some aftermarket reverse lights I wired in. Pretty simple for the most part. 20170603_203710.jpg20170603_203735.jpg

AeroMoto

Not sure why the pics are sideways, just turn you laptop. :ylsmoke: The brake light separates from the stock tire carrier via the 2 Torx screws. Then I cut off the brake mounting piece with the grinder. The wire length might be ok without soldering, but I did it just to be safe. You could also just put in a connector of some sort. Hope you understand. If not, just let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears