3rd Gen Dodge owners... Need a rock guard?

my1stcummins

Adventurer
When I added my steering brace and ARB bumper to my truck, it meant that my skid plate no longer fit on my truck. The skidplate is 3/16" brushed stainless steel made by Defiant Truck Products who now only makes light bars. It's a quality piece and the only blemish is that it has very very light surface rust, more of a stain, from driving on a beach in AK. I'd love to use it, but by the time I modify it to fit, I figure it is worth just starting from scratch. The guard it self is very well designed and bolts to the back of the bumper and under the sway bar, I paid about $300 3 years ago for the thing and it is great protection especially for the trans cooler and bottom of the radiator. It's not very heavy at all and shouldn't cost much to ship I'd like to get $100 for it. If I don't get any takers i'll post this up on a Dodge Forum.

Stock Photo:

DefiantRockShield1.jpg
DefiantRockShield3.jpg

Last edited:

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Any idea whether or not it will fit a 4th gen? I know they are mostly alike, but not sure about the front bumper area. Also is it made of aluminum or steel?

my1stcummins

Adventurer
I doubt that it will fit a 4th gen with out modification to the bumper-rock guard interface. It will likely fit the frame though.

The product is manufactured from stainless steel.

Dixie27

U stil have this,,,,,,I looked high and low for one of these a few months ago....any way to figure shipping to 75033.....thx

my1stcummins

Adventurer
You'd have to look at the photo to see if you think it might work on a PW. I would think so since it mounts between the frame rails and the sway bar, but I can't guarantee since I don't own a PW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman