4-Door 6' Bed Options

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
Have to compromise somewhere. Short wheelbase, 6ft bed, comfortable seating for 4 adults doesn't exist. A compromise has to happen. Guessing that the concern with wheelbase is for offroad capability? Knowing your vehicle makes this an overrated concern. I've been into the rock crawling scene for over a decade and rarely encountered a trail that a long wheelbase could not get up because of the vehicle length. Pic of my old 87 crew cab long bed (9ft bed, not 8ft) dually doing some medium trails.

If comfort for 4 6ft+ tall adults, 6ft bed are necessary then a fullsize truck is the best choice. To reduce the impact of a longer wheelbase find a early 2000 era Chevy or GMC with the quadrasteer system. Provides 4 wheel steering and was very reliable, discontinued because of the extra cost.

goatherder

no trepidation
2000-2004 Super Duty with Supercab (technically four doors) I think a shortbed would be 6.7 or there abouts?

^^THIS^^

I've owned a 99 F350 Crew Cab diesel since 2005. Built like a tank. You can comfortably carry six adults in this thing. OK, the person in the middle in front should be smallish. Wife is 5'6 and rides next to me no problem. 3ea 6'+ passengers in back. Bed is 6'8" and 4' plywood will fit between the wheelwells. Turning radius is pretty good; I can get in turned around on a fire road or tool thru traffic with out any problem. Crew cab w/ 8ft bed...is much more ponderous. 4 wheel disc brakes, fit 35" tires w/ just a "leveling kit".

PHeller

Adventurer
2006 Tundra Double Cab might be a good option. As short in wheelbase and length as some mid-size trucks but with significantly better rear seating, even among modern crew cab trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle