81 E-350 Quigley Build

partsflyin

Adventurer
Been slackin on this thread. I finished getting rust holes repaired then POR-15ed the floor. Got the plywood subfloor laid down. Trying to pick out some linoleum for the floor. I havn't found a design that I was sure i liked yet.
I have gotten to camp out in it twice though. I just stuck the air mattress right on the floor both times. I can't put to words how much I like camping in the van though, it absolutely rocks!!
I was headed up to Greenbrier WV this weekend and had planned to leave the van as is and head out.
Thats when I saw the nearest camping world had their Fan-tastic fans on sale for almost $60 off, so last minute as always , i did a temporary install on my new fan.
All i can say is WOW! Money well spent!! great product, kept me and the GF cool all weekend. I ran the fan for approx. 10hrs straight on Lo, 3 times, starting the van in between intervals just to make sure it wasn't sapping the battery. All three times the battery had plenty juice to spin the 460 over.
I love this fan!!
And I LOVE camping in my van!!
That is all.

partsflyin

Adventurer
I've finally made some more time for the van. Browsing C-list I found a spare tire rack and a rear ladder. I knew for sure I wanted to have a spare with me, but no real use for the ladder until I was rereading spencyg's thread. I stole his idea for mounting an ammo box to the ladder for some exterior storage.(if you look closely you can see the fantastic fan up top also!:sombrero:)
slimpics-001.jpg

slimpics-002.jpg

I'm unsure how permanent these two will be, I would eventually like to incorporate the spare and box into a custom bumper, but these will work well for the time being.
Also got my reciever hitch installed so i will be able to pull the canoe traiiler :victory:!
slimpics-003.jpg

Sub-floor is in.
slimpics-004.jpg

Third seat is in, so the whole family can ride.
slimpics-007.jpg

The last couple trips the GF and I have been fighting over the power receptacle in the dash , so I snagged one out of the parts rig and added a second one to the dash.
slimpics-006.jpg

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Lookin' Good! Be aware that too much weight in that box is going to play havoc on your door hinges. Don't ask me how I know, but take this as a hint...I took my box off :)

Keep it up...looks like the interior is going to be a fun project.

Spence

partsflyin

Adventurer
Lookin' Good! Be aware that too much weight in that box is going to play havoc on your door hinges. Don't ask me how I know, but take this as a hint...I took my box off :)

Keep it up...looks like the interior is going to be a fun project.

Spence

Ahh yes... Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully it will get incorporated into a custom bumper before to long.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Scored a parts rig off craigslist :sombrero: It had a ton of parts on it that i had been looking for.
Check out this beauty!
slimpics-007.jpg

First up was the dash (Actually worked out good because i am in the middle of replacing the heater core, with the dash removed this job will go much smoother!)
The brown interior was in bad need of an update. Here's some before pics.
slimpics-002.jpg

My favorite helper!! And camping buddy!
slimpics-003.jpg

slimpics-004.jpg

Here are some teardown pics.
slimpics-005.jpg

slimpics-009.jpg

slimpics-010.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
The plan is to finish up swapping the dash/front interior, then I plan to swap in the rear side windows from the parts rig. Watch for updates.
I think these windows are gonna be a great upgrade!! Can't wait to get them installed!
slimpics-007.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Got some more done this weekend.
I ran the wiring harness for the power windows and door locks while I had the dash out.
slimpics-011.jpg

Swapped in one of thhe rear windows from the parts rig. I was on a very tight time constraint so no pics of the process. I'll get those when I do the next one. Anyway everything seemed to go well. I am very pleased with the outcome!! The interior already has a much more "open" feel to it.
slimpics-012.jpg

slimpics-013.jpg

And if anyone was wondering, It IS VERY stressfull to cut that big of a hole in the side of your vehicle!

partsflyin

Adventurer
Woo-hoo!! Got the second window installed on Sat.
When you see this its starts to settle in on ya...... man I hope i measure right!
slimpics-003.jpg

slimpics-001.jpg

slimpics-004.jpg

Close up of inner frame.
slimpics-012.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Yesterday I started on my "Northman" Inspired barndoor panel. I bought a sheet of .063 aluminum. I used the original panel for a template. And cut a piece to match. I used rivets to attach the hinge for the table. Also cut out a hole for a power port.
slimpics-009.jpg

slimpics-010.jpg

slimpics-011.jpg

slimpics-007.jpg

The plan is to power this port from the house battery. Should be handy having a power port at the rear of the van, a well as supplying power for a light over the table.
I had to cut a hole in the inside of the door for clearance for the power port.
slimpics-008.jpg

I wanted to bend a lip around the edge of the actual table, so i brought it to work today for that.I hope to get it finished in the next couple days.

partsflyin

Adventurer
It was getting dark as I mounted up the door panel last night, but i still tried to get a couple pics.
slimpics-201.jpg

slimpics-202.jpg

Stove fits well and its just the right height.If you look close you can see the power port with the lighting plugged in.
slimpics-203.jpg

Latch system.
slimpics-206.jpg

Photog

Explorer
This is great fun to watch, and see the ideas and solutions as you move forward.:victory:
:lurk::lurk:

dsw4x4

Adventurer
That looks sharp with those tires and wheel, these vans are so big anything smaller than that looks funny. Your van is looking great keep up the good work.
Derek

partsflyin

Adventurer
That looks sharp with those tires and wheel, these vans are so big anything smaller than that looks funny. Your van is looking great keep up the good work.
Derek

love the last pictures!

Thanks!! I wholeheartedly with much bias agree!! I thought it looked cool before but now I realize how badly a vehicle of this size needs a decent sized tire to keep things in proportion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior