81 E-350 Quigley Build

ExpoMike

Van build is lookin great. Curious, what is the floor to celing height? What type of mileage are you getting with the 460? I assume it's a carb engine, not EFI correct?

TKSC01

Adventurer
I love it!

I gotta tell ya, I love it. As a kid my father had a custome van 2WD of course but I loved sleeping out in it. THis build rocks!

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Nice job so far!....... Nice to see someone giving a rig a second chance.:victory:

I really like the addition of the rear windows..... must have been really nerve racking cutting those holes...... must have been a measure 15 times/cut once kind of thing!:sombrero:

Keep up posted on the progress!!

partsflyin

Adventurer
Thanks for the props folks!! The window swap well definately well worth the work!! But also VERY stressfull!!
This winter has slowed my progress to a crawl , but i do have a few updates.
I got alot more of the interior swapped in from the donor van.
Dash,dog box, and seats are in!! All in all it was a little more work than I anticipated but I am VERY happy with the way it has updated the interior look.Well worth the work so far!!
Side note: the donor van has turned out to be a fabulous investment!!
On to the pics.
Dont pay any attention to the doo doo brown door panels and green doors, they will be gone soone!
Dash
slimpics-218.jpg

slimpics-215.jpg

Seats
slimpics-219.jpg

slimpics-216.jpg

Old interior shot for comparison.
slimpics-003.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
The side barn doors were showing a fair amount of cancer.
slimpics-221.jpg

slimpics-222.jpg

Back to the donor van!! Side doors were in great condition so I swapped them on.
slimpics-220.jpg

While I was at it I swapped the rear doors also, another reason for all the swappin was that when finished the interior will be grey and the interior paint paint on the doors was in great condition.
The donor van had some cool little mini blinds on the doors too!
slimpics-213.jpg

slimpics-214.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
I haven't quit on this project , just been a little slow.
Swapped out the front doors, for the ones from the donor van.
Power windows and door locks baby!!
Ended up having to replace both window motors.I put the wiring harness in when I had the dash out.
slimpics-234.jpg

slimpics-232.jpg

slimpics-235.jpg

The panels and interior paint were also much nicer than what I started with also!
Before:
slimpics-004.jpg

After:
slimpics-233.jpg

Last edited:

partsflyin

Adventurer
I have a little trouble trusting the factory gauges , so I picked up a Water temp. gauge and an oil pressure gauge. I was having a hard time deciding where to put them, so I went a little bit ricer and stuck them in a dual gauge pod.
slimpics-238.jpg

A while back we were sending some stuff from work to get powdercoated, so I sent my push bar along for the ride.
slimpics-243.jpg

Finally decided to go with Herculiner for the first layer of protection for the front floor area. Stripped the seats and old carpet out on Sunday. Took the wire brush to it for prep.Hope to get the liner down on Sat.
slimpics-267.jpg

slimpics-266.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior