416 front seats options

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on my 416 doka front seats. something more supportive, with headrests,

any options out there?

thanks

rhodos

Observer
Hi,

in our 417 we use Recaro seats from a Porsche 9xx , covered with custom tailored sheepskin. This combo suited us well since nearly 100000km.

bye, Werner

rhodos

Observer
417_14.jpg

sorry - no better pic available atm. No air suspension.

bye, Werner

Last edited:

DeeDee

Observer
@unimogfever

i got these RECARO seats in my 421.... they are comfortable in offroading and fits well... dont have close up right now....

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 26

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
It'd be difficult to use an air suspension seat on the driver's side of a 416 because of the small clearance between the driver's thigh and the bottom of the steering wheel. You can, though, install a spring suspended seat like the Cobra I had in Camper Mog.

DSCN0768.jpg

For the passenger's side, I installed an extremely plush, air suspended, over-the-road trucker's seat with lumber support, thigh extensions, etc. I got this from the Freightliner Surplus store in North Portland before it closed (sniffle) for $400. I needed to have to reinstalled on a low-profile base, however.

DSCN0766.jpg

I've no way to know if it would have fit in a stock 416 cab. Camper Mog's custom cab had much more legroom and no height restrictions for the passenger's head.

basharatu

I agree with DeeDee's comment, Recaro are the best, it fits well in 416 cabin, while on our trip to Karakoram range we were driving Mogs for 15-16hrs a day and there wasnt a complaint of any pains ;). I have also put recaroz in the rear (its troops career bed)

DeeDee

Observer
I agree with DeeDee's comment, Recaro are the best, it fits well in 416 cabin, while on our trip to Karakoram range we were driving Mogs for 15-16hrs a day and there wasnt a complaint of any pains ;). I have also put recaroz in the rear (its troops career bed)

here you go Basharatu.... picture of BeeMog.... :smiley_drive:

Attachments

• 76.JPG
    76.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 78.JPG
    78.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member