416 lug & hub dimensions

Faramir66103

Hi All, I'm having some wheel adapters made for my M-416 and the fabricators need to know the size of the lug nuts/studs and the size of the hub to make sure the adapters fit. My trouble is that I'm not going to be able to get to where my trailer is stored for a while and I'd like to get these specs to the fabricator ASAP. Could someone tell me the specs on the lug nuts/studs and the hub size?

Thanks,
Adam

telwyn

Adventurer
Who are you using to make your wheel adapters? I still need a pair to allow me to go from the m416 to 5 on 6.5 for my Land Rover Lightweight wheels to be compatible.

Have tried a few people so far and either got no response or they wouldn't do 5 on 6.5.

Thx.

Faramir66103

No luck searching steelsoldiers. I'd rather not sign up for yet another forum, just for a few pieces of data if I can avoid it. Anyone else know about lug nut/stud size and wheel hub diameter?

I'm using http://adaptitusa.com/, but didn't see any 6.5s on their site. However, they are very customer oriented and seem to want to be sure to get the products to be exactly what I need, so give them a call. Perhaps though they don't advertise that size, they may be able to make you some.

HTH,
Adam

telwyn

Adventurer
Thx, they did have great customer service and responded quickly, but the 5 on 6.5 wasn't a size they could do.

Good luck with your's!

Faramir66103

My Measurements

Hi All,

I got my trailer out of storage and am starting to work on it. The measurements for the wheels and hubs are as follows:

wheel center opening 4 inches
lugs/lug nuts 7/16-20

Unfortunately, adaptitusa.com can't do the adapters due to the 4 inch center opening. I've learned the hubs/wheels are hub centric, so that ridge the red arrow points to has a 4 inches outside diameter, and the blue arrow indicates the 3.5 inches in diameter.

07-14-09_1100_with_arrows.jpg

So, the quest continues. I'm about ready to just swap out the hubs and/or axles and be done with it.

Hope This Helps Someone,
Adam

Last edited:

Inkog

Observer
Call this guy:

Fred Goeske
Design Deluxe
21300 Deering court
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Voice (818)992.5700
Fax*** (818)337.2471
www.wheeladapter.com

he told me he could make 5x4.5 but they would be 3" thick due to the 4 1/4" hub "cap"

Good luck

Cruiser

Adventurer
By the time you get the adapters made you should be about the same or higher than getting a 3500# axle with the right width and bolt pattern. I think AT had a source for axles that would allow parking brakes if you wanted to keep them..

rubicon789

Observer
Keep me posted onthe progress of this axle thing. I am trying to do the same thing with my 416, matching the whels to my TJ 5 on 4.5.

If you find an axle that doesn't cost 300+ that will allow me to retain the stock p brake, please let me know.

Mayne

Explorer
No luck in keeping the cost down, but if I remember right (beware here!) Dexter axle made a kit with p brake. It's on my home computer, so I'll have to check in about 8hrs.

Mayne

Inkog

Observer
Dexter does indeed make an axle with a parking brake feature. I've decided to go that route myself. After some calling around (Dexter doesn't sell retail) I found a place that could get me 3500# 5x4.5 at $350 drop shipped to my door. So when its all said and done, $200 bucks for breaks and a parking break was worth it to me. Plus you get the exact track you want and the ability to greate the breaings without removing them. From what I hear, it doesnt get any better than Dexter for these types of axels.

I'm ordering it tomorrow. They told me it would be 1-2 weeks for custom lengths. I just can't decide on 55 or 57" MF to MF.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior