custom camper examples

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
(y)

51479937351_de91ed00c3_b.jpg

s.e.charles

i never miss an opportunity to plug 'roger beck - some turtles have nice shells' - for some old school house truck goodness Some Turtles Have Nice Shells | Get The Book | HouseTrucks

and then there's Mr Sharkey's Bus Barn - when you have hours to dream - revision fizzled, Mr. Sharkey's Housebus/Housetruck Blog Returns | Lloyd's Blog (lloydkahn.com) but a lot of it is available on the Wayback Machine website http://www.mrsharkey.com/ and then there's this - CYBERBUSS Buss Station

the days before 200,000$ "exploring vehicles . . . . . .

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Thanks. Its a project/build that keeps on returning on initial investment.
A pleasure to have designed, built, and run such a rig.
It does get attention everywhere it goes, but what's more important is that it performs.

We just got back from another stellar trip into some north Idaho high country.
Spent the week hiking/backpacking, weathered the first big storm of the year...
2+ inches of rain , and even had some snow & hail this last weekend.
Performed as designed... yet again. It just never lets us down, regardless of conditions.

51498413409_55250c0108_h.jpg

51498623390_9ca9e47311_h.jpg

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
i never miss an opportunity to plug 'roger beck - some turtles have nice shells' - for some old school house truck goodness Some Turtles Have Nice Shells | Get The Book | HouseTrucks

and then there's Mr Sharkey's Bus Barn - when you have hours to dream - revision fizzled, Mr. Sharkey's Housebus/Housetruck Blog Returns | Lloyd's Blog (lloydkahn.com) but a lot of it is available on the Wayback Machine website http://www.mrsharkey.com/ and then there's this - CYBERBUSS Buss Station

the days before 200,000$ "exploring vehicles . . . . . .
Have the book and was a regular visitor to Mr Sharkeys website, was very disappointed when it stopped and even more disappointed when the second version quit.

TOU47

Some great & innovative rigs...Thx so much for sharing.

I have been researching off & on the list few months on what I want. I have a paid for...2014 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, LTZ-2, 6.2L, Crew Cab, 6.5' box that is in pristine shape.

While I REALLY like FWC's Project M which is very close to what I'd like... but moderately optioned up is more than I want to pay for what it is.

I was very inspired by these...especially the dual wedge/full pop-up on the Chevy.

I'd really like add one of these too.

https://youtu.be/0FV1JwMSuZM

That all said...it seems nobody has used a tonneau cover as OEM style roof. Maybe for good reason? (A tad heavy at #150.) I actually bought one this past week off a 2012 Ford 250 (75"Wx101"L) as a starting point for a canopy pop-up camper. Still thinking many things through for the build but thinking I will base it of this.

Again, a bit heavy but I think there are many advantages & is designed & strong enough to add a Yakima/Thule racks as well as solar etc. It also has existing hardware.

Attachments

• 20211117_094758_HDR.jpg
    20211117_094758_HDR.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211117_094746_HDR.jpg
    20211117_094746_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 20190903_183005_HDR.jpg
    20190903_183005_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 41

DzlToy

Explorer
Before you go adding 150 pounds of weight at the highest point of your camper, consider composite panels. They are light, strong and easy to build. A finished panel weighs in the 1 - 2 pounds per square foot range when using XPS foam and fiberglass, Kevlar or carbon fiber skins. Using less of a stronger material reduces weight further. A 4' x 8' sandwich panel only weighs about 40 pounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste