"Domestic" Defender 130?

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
I have a line on a nice solid 1985 diesel 127/130 double cab hcpu that is left hand drive with a/c in the UK. The dealer that has it is shipping me a truck in two weeks and would love to put it in the same container.
Shoot me an email if thats of interest-its cheap less than 20k imported.

WOW that is near perfect. Do it.

Mike,

How much?

Cheers,

Mike and Myles

czenkov

Adventurer
Last I knew Mike's to be for sale it was quite pricey - great truck but the cash outlay was more than $20k. Advantage? A lot of the work is already done for you - and awesome truck. Either way a great start.

czenkov

Adventurer

VERY nice truck. Its a Land Rover that gets out of its own way. Who knew they existed. :clapsmile

Red 2 Door RR. You did!? Yours does the same.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wLYF9mtwUk"]YouTube- Fins & Things Fun[/ame]

2:55 in proves it. Considering it is open diff.

Both Mike's are very nice lust-worthy - but as Mike Slade commented - his is north of $20k.

Last edited:

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
You know that video never gets old :victory:

Both Mike's are very nice lust-worthy - but as Mike Slade commented - his is north of $20k.

Hey I would take north of 20k for mine. :xxrotflma

Seriously Matco, you should hook up with MD110. I hear nothing but good things, and if there is already room in the container... Well lets just say its too bad I would have to live in the 127. :friday: Then again, that is what it would be for.

Mike and Myles

Michael Slade

Untitled
I fell asleep watching those first two Disco's struggle down that hill. Then I was pleasantly awoken by the clatter of the diesel. Sweet truck that! :victory:

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
I fell asleep watching those first two Disco's struggle down that hill. Then I was pleasantly awoken by the clatter of the diesel. Sweet truck that! :victory:

Yea, until czenkov showed me my 2dr in there, I had never made it that far in. :D Can you believe that 109 is sitting on 37s (maybe 38s I forget). It looks so well proportioned. I have been in that truck though and on the road holy crap watch out it hauls butt. the acceleration of the 6bt is quite nice in a 109.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Yea, until czenkov showed me my 2dr in there, I had never made it that far in. :D Can you believe that 109 is sitting on 37s (maybe 38s I forget). It looks so well proportioned. I have been in that truck though and on the road holy crap watch out it hauls butt. the acceleration of the 6bt is quite nice in a 109.

If you are referring to JL's 109 the frame gave it up from the weight etc of the 6b. Its in parts now.

mattgo

Does anybody have any info on that diesel pickup? It's got a Defender front clip, but it has leaf springs front and rear. Can a Defender front clip match up to the older "series" body lines, thereby using leaf spring suspension?

pangaea

Adventurer
Around the time of the Series III/Defender changeover, there was actually a truck produced by Land Rover called the Stage I V8. It had the Defender front clip, and V8 engine, while still retaining the Series III leaf spring set up and split front window.

CraigBridge.jpg

It's the blue one in the middle of the bridge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior