4runner.. another suspension post. Radflo

leland331

Hey everyone.

I know there are tons of posts about 4runner suspensions. I have spent a long time reading, searching and ended up with Radflo 2.5s and 600lb springs on my 2007 limited v6.

These things ride harsh and every bump upsets the vehicle. There is little articulation and give for daily driving bumps. I have done the whole lot of troubleshooting.. Not too much weight or preload, 6 ply tires at 30psi, compression adjusters at max soft, new factory bushings torqued at ride level, spc control arms to get the alignment proper. I just paid a fortune to have some compression shims added for maybe a slightly noticeable 5% difference at best.

I am about done putting cash into these shocks and painfully regretting the purchase.
What direction do you guys think I should go now without spending a fortune for something that has issues again?
I keep hearing Fox or King because they are the industry standard, have lots of support, Dual adjustment, and are pretty straight forward for valving. Radflo doesn't even remember what they gave me for valving and I am thinking it was pretty agressive.

I just want a Plush but controlled daily driving ride that can off road at a reasonable speed, last long, and stay quiet and comfortable.
I probably don't even need reservoirs or 2.5s but of course its nice.

Thanks in advance! I just want to enjoy the 4Runner again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12