4Runner Trail or SR5?

huntsonora

Explorer
I'm running 33's with a 3" lift on my 2011 Trail with KDSS with no re-gearing and no issues aside from my speedo being slightly off. IMHO, KDSS makes a huge difference and is well worth it.

View attachment 87617

Damn thats nice! The 4Runner TE is on our short list right now. I just talked to a friend of mine and his father passed away a few months ago and he said that he would sell me his dads 2006 Tundra DC Limited 4x4 with 51,000 miles for $18k so thats at the top of my list right now, I just want to see the pictures first

joneseyyy

Explorer
0bc9c980.jpg

Also running 33's with ~2-3" lift with no regearing. Still can get 17 on the highway even with the roof rack loaded.

Ryan_S

Observer
+1 for the TE as well. But I'm biased too.

If you are doing bumpers etc then the angles don't matter. Also when you say $5-7 k more are you comparing similar options? The TE comes with the rear slider, inverter, backup cam, etc. I think those are all options on the SR5.

I chose the TE because of those included options, less chrome, and the KDSS.

HTH

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
No wonder i cant afford a new truck! With this electronic and hydraulic stuff that just adds weight, complexity and reduces driver ability it's no wonder why 4runners are $.

joneseyyy

Explorer
No wonder i cant afford a new truck! With this electronic and hydraulic stuff that just adds weight, complexity and reduces driver ability it's no wonder why 4runners are $.

A new 4runner really doesn't cost much more than what you would've paid for a new one in '98, not even counting for inflation.

huntsonora

Explorer
I'm sitting in a dealership right now, my wife and I just put in an offer on a 2011 4Runner Trail Edition. Offered $34k OTD and it has 23,000 miles on it. We'll see!

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I'm sitting in a dealership right now, my wife and I just put in an offer on a 2011 4Runner Trail Edition. Offered $34k OTD and it has 23,000 miles on it. We'll see!

Hell yes! Fingers crossed you have it in your driveway right now.

huntsonora

Explorer
Hell yes! Fingers crossed you have it in your driveway right now.

Thank you sir! It's not in the driveway yet but they accepted the offer and they are certifying it and replacing the windshield in it now. They said it would be ready on Wednesday or Thursday

I don't normally do extended warrantys but I was able to to get complete coverage for it as well. The warranty that came with it covered the powertrain until 100,000 miles but the one I bought basically makes everything covered. I did this due to the fact that I got it cheap and I have never had a vehicle that had this much that could go wrong.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I got a platinum warranty on my truck cause I got a good deal after the purchase.
Why does the windshield need to be replaced?
Pics ASAP!

huntsonora

Explorer
It had a crack when it was traded in. I have an iPhone picture I snapped on the fly. I'll post it up asap. With the exception of tires I doubt I'll be doing very much to it right off the bat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior