4x4 E350, 6.0 ... Front driveshaft / oil filter clearance issue?

Abitibi

Explorer
Hi everyone

For those running a 4x4 E350 with the 6.0, do you have any oil filter clearance issues with your front driveshaft? Did you need to relocate the oil filter? I'm installing my front driveshaft and looks like might will clear but I'm not convinced it will once the suspension starts to articulate. Curious how it looks for those with the 6.0, on my 7.3 it wasn't an issue.

Thanks
David

Fork-N-Road

I don't think they still offer it separately, but UJoint used to sell an oil filter adapter for the 6.0 that would turn the filter 90 degrees for driveshaft clearance.

iggi

Ian
I can't say as my 4x4 kit is still in boxes but I don't like having the oil filter hanging down to get smashed with a rock. So I'm planning to use relocate kit.

Abitibi

Explorer
I'll have to look into those kits but if I recall they were crazy expensive.

I'm hoping someone could send me a picture of their setup...

But it will be a pain regardless. Looks like I'll need to remove the turbo to access the top lines to be able to remove, replace and/or modify...

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Abitibi

Explorer
I've seen a few 4x4 6.0 with the original oil filter placement but those were leaf conversions. My concern is the flex on coils conversions which could hit the filter. I'm a bit surprised I haven't got a definitive answer here yet. I'm sure there's a few of those hanging out here ;)

Sent from my SM-T733 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998