4x4 Truck Chassis - Hard Side - Factory build? Market not paying attention or just me?

jjx0.usa

When are any of these top name, everyday production, companies like Tiffin, Winnebago, Thor, Pleasure going to create a semi seamless connection or similar to that even of a Tiffin Midas cab over?
I realize the quality diff, I am not talking about that right now. But they could take a Ford f450 chassis, put the midas camper on it with ind frame suspension, make the overhang not boxy and not 10 inches on each side and absolutely sell it like crazy I would think.

Is there not someone out there doing this for the same value of around $200k? Theres a blank space in that value, as most want $300k+ and all they use are the total composites $15k-25k habitats.

Look how well the ekko is doing and has done. And theres still a box on it, with so much room to improve. That build alone, and its success, makes my case I truly would think.

Like to hear if theres more, if not even a main manufacturer, anyone with this type build in that $200k world; maybe $250k

IMG_7938 2024-04-07 02_16_19.jpg

Steve_382

This Entegra accolade 29T with no slide outs looks a little interesting, but it's still a foot wider than it needs to be. They tried to make it look off roady by putting a beefy bumper on it. Might be good if you wanted to just tow a jeep behind it though. Priced around $240 or so I think. We looked at one at a show. Bathroom is quite nice. Typical Elkhart quality of course.

1712586054773.png

gator70

The build quality on the surface is nice. The strength of the build is not suitable for frame twist. That means, only flat dirt roads is on the menu.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Most regular RV that has a 4x4 sticker slapped on and a winch bumper mounted will fail going off the road! Just talked with someone the other day that has cracks and a destroyed floor on a "overland RV" he paid $250,000 for. If you send that much money on an RV with the goal of going off the road, I would highly recommend going with a company/builder that has a proven track record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998