5100 adjustables up front??

gnarshredder

Anybody running the 5100 adjustables up front on an 05-09 frontier? How do you like them and is there anything else I should know regarding install? Also, what setting are you running them at?? I would like to get rid of the factory rake and make the truck sit level. Thanks for your input.

roadrider

I've got the 5100 shocks on the front of my 07 OR Xterra. They seem to be just a tad softer than the stock OR Bilsteins which was disapointing. I first set them up on the middle groove (1" lift) but didn't like how they topped out going over speed bumps. Now have them set a 1/2" lift. Dampening stills needs to be stiffer though as the front end will still porpoise (bounce) hard when hitting successive bumps on the trail (stock Bilsteins also did this). Unless you are doing this just for looks, I'd save up for some coil overs.

gnarshredder

Thanks. Surprising there aren't more people running these considering how popular they are for the Taco's. I hear you on the coilovers and I am considering those as well. Not just for looks but nothing too serious either. Just looking for a solid alternative to spacers. Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan