5x10 Cargo Trailer Expedition Conversation. PENDING SALE

Saharicon

Adventurer
First, I did not build this trailer. The original build thread is here and it is a must read: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/73403-Jeff-s-Cargo-Conversion

Trailer is currently located south of York, PA by the PA/MD line.

My wife and I purchased this trailer while I was out in California doing some contracting work in the Death Valley area. The trailer got a ton of use and then we did a 2 week cross country trip camping at all the National Parks along the way from California to Pennsylvania. The trailer pulls super easy! We have a 2014 Double Cab OR Tacoma and sometimes I would forget it was back there.

As you can see from the original thread, the trailer was damaged in an unfortunate accident involving the original owner. We made no repairs to the outside of the trailer as the damage to the aluminum did not affect our needs. We have fixed some minor issues in the trailer that were probably caused from things coming loose during the accident, but nothing major just screws and bolts that needed tightening on some of the components and reconnecting the electrical.

The only reason I am selling the trailer is because I am probably going to be going over seas for more than a year for work and do not want to leave the trailer sitting. It really is an awesome little trailer and will go anywhere. We have taken this trailer all over the place and to some really remote locations without any issues. Everything has always worked when we were out and about and we were able to take warm showers, sleep comfortably in 30 degree temps (the heater is INSANE and it is insulated very well), and always have cold beer and good food out in the mountains and valleys.

Back/Kitchen
hry6ih.jpg

Driver Side
2h32dd1.jpg

Front
xaw0le.jpg

Passenger Side
2exx8jt.jpg

Damage
e0oegx.jpg

10f2bus.jpg

Inside Wall Pushed in from outside damage
2yl7ceb.jpg

Inside
abhcl.jpg

mue79z.jpg

Saline Valley
2ez4711.jpg

Panamint Valley
2rntrv9.jpg

You can also see more images of the places we have taken the trailer on my Instagram.

I don't have any current good pictures of the outside right now, but I will get them up once I have some good light outside. If you look at the original build thread and for sale thread all of the important details are in that thread. The trailer sits exactly how that build thread ends and good pictures of the damage are in the original for sale thread here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...awrence-s-(jeff-wanamog)-Offroad-Trailer-SOLD

Important Components
All L.E.D Lighting inside and out.
3500lb Axle with Electric Brakes (Work well)
ARB Fridge
Coleman Grill
Propane tank ran inside for forced air and hot water tank (6 gallon Atwood) and also ran to kitchen for grill.
Sink (hot and cold water) with drain in kitchen.
Casette toilet
Outdoor Shower
Fantastic Fan
DC swamp cooler
26 Gallon stainless Steel fresh water tank
FWC Fold and tumble bench seat to bed
2 125 Watt solar panels
200 AMP Hour AGM Battery
Flat panel TV
2000 Watt Inverter for AC Plugs. (This was disconnected in the wreck because one of the AC plugs on the outside is damaged, I never hooked it back up because I didn't have a need for a 2000 Watt inverter. Instead I plugged a smaller 100 watt inverter into the DC plug inside the trailer to charge my phone/camera at night.)
Max Coupler Hitch

I am sure I am missing some stuff as it is a super awesome trailer and Jeff did one hell of a job building it, so please please check out the original build thread. If you have any questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

I will also get some better NEW pictures up tomorrow hopefully. The best way to contact me is at codystevenson85@gmail.com

Last edited:

Saharicon

Adventurer
I might be road tripping to Seattle, WA next month. So if anyone is very interested in the northern states between Pennsylvania and Washington let me know.

plh

Explorer
I like it, but does it actually look as dented up in person as it does in the photos?

Saharicon

Adventurer
I like it, but does it actually look as dented up in person as it does in the photos?

It does have a good dent and I tried to represent it the best I could in the pictures. I would assume it is as dented as much as you feel it is to be safe. I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

Where the dent is doesn't really affect the inside storage space etc. Its mainly cosmetic/aerodynamic damage. I wasn't that concerned about it, well because off road, and the majority of the time this trailer spent its time being pulled very slow through the wilderness and around National Parks. Another reason I was ok with making the purchase is all the gear Jeff put into the trailer is worth almost double the asking price.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. There is a possibility we will be coming through Wisconsin in the next couple weeks headed to Seattle, WA.

poriggity

Explorer
So.. You bought it, put miles on it and are now asking more than than the final asking price from the first time it was sold, for the trailer? Am I reading this right?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Saharicon

Adventurer
So.. You bought it, put miles on it and are now asking more than than the final asking price from the first time it was sold, for the trailer? Am I reading this right?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I fixed some of the electrical (which I assume was from the wreck) and tightened everything up on it. I bought the trailer as-is.

It is or best offer. I would be happy to entertain your offer if you're interested.

Cheers

plh

Explorer
Thanks to Cody for trekking this to its new home in Wisconsin yesterday. Will be put to good use here.

93andTrailer.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears