6.4 v8 dodge owners?

Skinhyfish

Observer
Had a ford 6.2. Thinking about the 7.3l gasser. Don’t hear many people talking about the 6.4 dodge. Looking at a one with a flatbed camper. Live in the cold and don’t really need the diesel. Curious any real world opinions. Likes or dislikes?

Thank you
Zach

ripperj

Explorer
I have one in my ‘21 3500.
The few times I have had to tow heavy (16k) it did fine. Gas mileage is not great, I get maybe 13mpg on 50 mile round trip to work on state roads. If I put it on eco mode you can get about 15.5 on the highway.
Valve knock when cold, but that’s a known Hemi thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deserteagle56

Adventurer
The 6.4 is down on power from the 7.3...but not by much! I've never owned one but have a couple close friends that do in Ram 2500s and they are happy with them. Most importantly, they have had no problems with the engine or transmission and both are now approaching 100,000 miles.

Skinhyfish

Observer
The 6.4 is down on power from the 7.3...but not by much! I've never owned one but have a couple close friends that do in Ram 2500s and they are happy with them. Most importantly, they have had no problems with the engine or transmission and both are now approaching 100,000 miles.

Ya would love to a diesel again, but think a gasser is the way to go with cold weather and mountain driving.

Doing a flatbed Aterra.

Ford 7.3/6.2 or dodge 6.4

Single cab long bed or Ford for ext cab and 6.5 bed. Trying to keep short wheel base.

So many choices

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online