Land Rover Discovery 1 or 2, or Range Rover Classic 1 or 2

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
That is too much for a 1 year. You should be able to get two years for a little more than that.
The Assurant extended warranty I had (now Lt. Fuzz) was (I am not exact on this, but close)- 24 month/24K miles bumper to bumper with few limitations ($500 deductible) for roughly $3K.

D

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
I have seen photos of both his trucks and talked to LTFuzz initially about his 95. As a matter of fact — when I first started to look for Discos — his 04 was the first one I saw with the Trail badge.

I really like it. I hope I will be able to get it.

Regarding extended warranty as Tahoe Diesel had posted, the dealer mentioned I could only get another year (I guess due to the miles the vehicle has) for $1,900. Sounded steep and I wish I could get it for longer. Can different companies have longer warranties?

Fernando

Yes, you can get unlimited mileage warranties for 2 or 3 years for $2,000-2,500. Just be sure to read their exclusions and compare those to your particular model's chronic problem areas. For example if you buy a p38 RR that still has air supsension and the extended warranty doesnt cover air suspension, then knowing that the air suspension on Classics and P38s are chronically failure prone, that warranty wouldnt be a good deal.

I know you aren't looking for a Range Rover, but you get the gist of my example.

pixelcodex

Observer
Sorry about the ignorance, but I have never had these extended warranties. Can I get it by myself, or do I need to go through whatever the dealer offers?

Fernando

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
You can do either. There are many private companies that issue extended warranties for vehicles. Just do you homework (consumer reports, angie's list etc..) They are not all created equal. Check and make sure that the ones you are looking at don't exclude failure prone spots on a D2. (not a Disco expert, but I would suspect liners(block), head gaskets, drive shaft, air suspension if fitted, ) check here, d-web, lro. just peruse the disco 2 forums and see what comes up all the time and make sure its not excluded. :) Also, check the requirements of the warranty company for who can work on it, and who must do the maintenance on it.

Oh yea, and start with the BEST truck you can. :D

Good Luck

Mike and Myles

LtFuzz

Explorer
Sorry about the ignorance, but I have never had these extended warranties. Can I get it by myself, or do I need to go through whatever the dealer offers?

Fernando

You can buy them from private companies as well as from dealerships. Just read the fine print.

dcwhybrew

Adventurer
When you buy them personally (rather than through a dealer), the contract may have an exclusion period unless you buy the contract at the time of purchase. Just be aware.

Tahoe Diesel

Observer
There's a ton of extended warranty information on rangerovers.net. That's where I did most of my research on the subject and subsequently decided to get the genuine LR warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior