67 Scout 800 build ideas

98dango

Expedition Leader
The cab will drop down at the up slope body line. The only way to make it look right in my eyes. I could Move that body line back some if I need more room for seats and a gun rack. The 5 window look is era correct and looks cool it has crossed my mind but is alot of work just for looks but then the whole project is.

If I was better with computers I'd try to make a digital picture of what looks right but posting on hear is a stretch. I'm thinking 110-115" wheel base is about right and leaf springs I think yj springs front and 56" chevy springs in back with the shackle right at the rear bumper. Likely 5-7" of lift and 35s I may run a 38-11 bogger at some point but Un likely. I want this clean and drivable so my superduty can sit.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Being that I'm no where near my scout right now all I can do is dream research and plan.

That I can find no one has done this with a scout adding cool factor. This dose add problems as there is no one buy you guys to bounce ideas off. I am coming up with goals as I read and plan. So far less is more keeps coming to mind. I want this clan and factory looking as I can. I could go 100% custom crawler but I really just want a clean driver that I can wheel and have fun with. A removable top is a must. As is a clean bed I will build a headache rack with roll protection. I don't feel a full cage is needed on this build if need be can be added later. My wife and I discussed the possibility of a camper down the road.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Likely 5-7" of lift and 35s I may run a 38-11 bogger at some point but Un likely.

Less lift, more sheetmetal work. 5-7" of lift is kinda ridiculous for a 35/38" tire. I run 35s on my flat fender and it is lowered about 1/2" from stock on the suspension :D

98dango

Expedition Leader
I'm trying to keep this simple no new frame and 5-7" is what a standard spring over typically nets. I'm not wanting to go over board with this build. I am sure I could keep it lower if I tried. The purpose of this is to give my poor ford a break. I'm really not wanting to even trim the front fenders. My first scout had 7" of lift and 33" boggers would have the front of the fender for lunch. I feel a more classic look is in need for this project. As we have discussed on other builds low is the way to go. However I feel hear it is not necessary nor worth the effort to achieve right now. This is not a rig I am allowed to sell. I see a rebuild with coils in a few years.

Last edited:

brushogger

Explorer
Less lift, more sheetmetal work. 5-7" of lift is kinda ridiculous for a 35/38" tire. I run 35s on my flat fender and it is lowered about 1/2" from stock on the suspension :D

And that was just an easy weekend job. (said tongue firmly in cheek)

98dango

Expedition Leader
Oh this all takes time. I am going to try and keep it as low as I can. I unfortunately also live in a world where building this in a friends driveway 60 miles from where in live and likely moving a unfinished project 1200 miles to yet another friends drive way to finish it. Thus not only the minds hear but the uneducated minds of 21 year old friends who bought a house.

I hope to have my shop and house with in the next 18 months. Yes shop first why because the wife says I can that's why. Then my tube Chassis camp crawler what ever will happen.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Not that it matters I am not 21 and the second drive way will be of my best friend from 4 grade on where we will both celebrate our 34th birthdays hopefully buy taking a scout and a samurai to the beach. If not spinning donuts in a 55 chevy with a 400 horse 327 will have to do

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I was kidding man. I followed your build very closely. It was awesome. One of the coolest flattys I've ever seen.

Thanks. No big deal. Just saying time is time. The time/labor/cost difference between the two style of building might not be THAT much...if at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman