The Map is Not the Territory: A Northern Maine Adventure

DR1665

Gearheads United
I am so glad this thread got bumped when it did. Closest I've ever been to Maine is making fun of my co-worker's accent.

Reminds me there have to be places like this (relatively speaking) right here in Arizona that my friends and I can explore together. And I know just how to tell the tale when we do!

PS: Manifold Sausages sound like a brilliant idea.

rocrunr

Adventurer
Not sure if you mentioned it but what camera were you using ?? You have some amazing pics. I am always amazed what good friends,trucks and a few beer can turn out to be! good reports. Derek

epicxcrider

Observer
Some were a cell phone, some on a point and shoot. Most were taken on a Nikon (I think) DSLR and a few more on a Canon 20D or something like it.

TimS

Adventurer
Cool Trip. We just spent 5 nights at the frost pond camps that are located futher down the road from the ripgenous dam. The gorge there was really nice. Nice write up.

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Any trip with an introduction like this...

The whole idea began with doing the ride on a craigslist KLR... but we started talking ourselves up into something nicer, maybe a Vstrom or a Versys. At lunch one day we went to the Beemer shop and threw a leg over an F800GS. That sealed the deal for both of us. It was the bike for this trip.

Oh, I should probably mention at this point I had never ridden a motorcycle.

... gets my attention. Looks like a great trip and chances are I'll read the rest of your trip later rather than continuing writing about my own.

BTW me and my KLR are just across the border in Lowell if you fancy a less epic ride sometime!

xjman88

Adventurer
Hey the waterfall on the first page is the same one my boys and I found on our trip up to Moose river 3 weeks ago. Im glad I'm rereading your trip report. Its some beautiful country up there. Glad to see we explore the same areas. Thanks for the report.

junkyddog11

Oil Soaked Filter
Cool trip. I've spent much time up in that neck of the woods doing just the same thing.........
I've seen your rig around town (I live in Portsmouth). I'm sure you've seen any one of my well used Land Rovers around (those Alders take a toll over a few decades of braille driving). Funny that I could recognize quite a few of those roads. Probably stopped in the same spots to photo.

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
Look forward to more updates in the future :)

I spent an hour & 1/2 in the middle of the night & another hour now just to finish up this thread, amazing writeup & photos

Awesome adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior