70 Series Cruisers - Get Together 2010?

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
70 Series Cruisers - Get Together in 2010?

Just wondering :coffeedrink: how many of these gems have found their way down south and if the owners (Kanuks too) want to try to have get a get together/trip planned for 2010 :safari-rig: somewhere warmer like Southern Arizona - Amado - Overland Expo 2010

You may well think, hey that's a long time from now! But when you live in Kanukistan :REOutIceFishing: and most 70s are from here (I suspect -but want to see the ones from Yanksville as well), we need time to plan this through and find a place to trail and camp :1888fbbd:.

I am thinking :coffee: of a time before or after April 16-18 2010 - why?... cause it is winter :REOutCampFire03:in the northern parts and do we need any more reason to head south?! Also, it should be at least a few days, since it is a long drive from Kanukistan, or perhaps coordinate this event along with Overland Expo 2010:costumed-smiley-007 or one of the state trophy runs :sombrero: or similar events:wings:.

Once we know where every one is, we can find a spot somewhere convenient to us all. Unless someone has a better suggestion or can host this event? How about near the Tucson area, I have a friend there that knows the area well

Besides us all gawking :Wow1: at each others rigs, perhaps we can find a location that allows us to trail a bit and we can use the afternoons/evenings to do the gawking and chin wagging.

It would be great to see at least one rig from each model or at least different models within each series. Perhaps a contributing author/photographer from OJ/Toyota Owner's Mag/Petersens, etc. might bring their camera and do a photo shoot/write-up like no other?

When you do post up, have your rig in your signature or include model specifics.

What say you all 70s owners?

Interested:
CanuckMariner (VIAJADOR: '91 PZJ77)
Hltoppr ('85 Kanuk BJ70)
Grease Cruiser +1?
Jeremiah Proffitt + friends

Last edited:

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i drive the original 70 series, ya know, a 55. if i hung back in the distance a bit nobody would know the difference.:smiley_drive:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Is Palenque "convenient?" :ylsmoke:

Likely I'll be at the 2010 Overland Expo, so around that time would be tough for me to take another week, but I'm always game for another meet up.

-H-

1985 Canadian BJ70
3.4L 3B Diesel
H55F
ARBs, Warn...yada yada....

lowenbrau

Explorer
i drive the original 70 series, ya know, a 55. if i hung back in the distance a bit nobody would know the difference.:smiley_drive:

You'd be wise to hang back a bit. Any rust that flakes off the Canadian 70s will turn an Iron Pig to dust in minutes flat. They only exist in legend up here.

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Is Palenque "convenient?" :ylsmoke:

Likely I'll be at the 2010 Overland Expo, so around that time would be tough for me to take another week, but I'm always game for another meet up.

-H-

1985 Canadian BJ70
3.4L 3B Diesel
H55F
ARBs, Warn...yada yada....

Andrew, actually Ecuador would be great but I wouldn't have my truck there .... love the food and weather there. Yes, AZ would be much better.

I suggested Overland Expo '10 just because I need an excuse to go. There maybe other times better for everyone and places.

Last edited:

CanuckMariner/Nomad

If and I do mean if (since we don't seem to be getting much interest) get this off the ground, suspect before or after OE10 would be best. unless someone else has any other suggestions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle