700 Miles though Wyoming

fowldarr

Explorer
Sinks canyon state park does a photo contest every year. Yo
U should enter that panoramic....you really drove right past my house and didn't stop to say hi

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Somewhere in Between and South Pass City

Somewhere about mid-way between Atlantic City and South Pass City I came across another old abandoned mine site. I didn't explore past the road since there were ‘No Tresspassing' signs posted up on the buildings.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Inside the old Inn

Upstairs

Another old Saloon and make shift barber shop

The old town jail house

South Pass City end up being the more touristy portion of the trip with the most people around and to tell you the truth I kind of prefer the less touristy areas. Regardless, I still enjoyed the visit.

After making my final rounds I headed on back home to relax before heading back to work on Tuesday and to get cleaned up. Overall, I coverd approximately 708 miles mostly on pavement. Next time around I wouldn't mind trying to make the journey on dirt.

Last edited:

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Pretty neat. Never heard of Kirwin, but I'll definitely have to visit next time I'm up that way. I'm from Lincoln county myself.

Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
great write up and amazing pics....thanks for taking us along

I can't imagine life in the winter in those areas in those days, tough folks back then.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
Neat! Thanks for sharing.

Question for you. Do you know what this piece actually is? We saw a similar piece around Golden Arrow mine in Nevada and had several theories about what exactly it is/was. Looking to see if there is definitive answer.

Thanks.

I found this...

Golden Arrow-10.jpg

Asked a few mining engineering friends, no one knows... ?

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Neat! Thanks for sharing.

Question for you. Do you know what this piece actually is? We saw a similar piece around Golden Arrow mine in Nevada and had several theories about what exactly it is/was. Looking to see if there is definitive answer.

Thanks.

That's just the close-up of the wheel on the side of the piece of equipment in the photo right above it.

maxama10

Welcome to Nevadafornia
That's a stamp mill just FYI.

One of my buddies thinks the pic I posted my just be a counterweight of some kind but he's not certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan