73's to the Expedition Portal Ham Net.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
After 8 hours of contemplation yesterday on my drive home from California, I've decided to end the net. We've struggled to get member participation, have changed the day, time, format, net script, etc, etc, etc, but the numbers have continued to drop.

Thanks to everyone that participated in the net! I hope to meet you all on the trail some day, and chat in person.

So, again, 73's, this is KE7IXX signing off the Expedition Portal Ham Net.

Mark

PS:

If a moderator would be so kind, please un-sticky the net notice.

Thanks

Roktoys84

Adventurer
That's to bad. I was hoping to be able to be a part of the net when I got a radio. I took the test and got my license because of this forum. Oh well, hope to meet some off you on the trail sometime.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
That's a real bummer.

Mark is to be applauded for the time he spent organizing this net and doing everything to get the time reserved on the western reflector. Well done sir!
It's tough getting folks involved and keeping them involved. I for one will miss it because it was a chance to connect with some Expo folks that I might never meet and to get great info on places to go and tips on vehicle outfitting, and just everything expedition related.
Mark did a great job getting some really interesting guest speakers and I learned a lot.
Thanks Mark! :beer:

-m

I wish now that I just got my call sign, that someone would take on the work that he has started. it was one of the reasons that I got my call sign as well.

Last edited:

Azrocks

Adventurer
Might I make a suggestion. How about having the net on a quarterly basis or something like that. We did that on another net I was involved with and it worked VERY well. Having it monthly, weekly, or whatever requires way to much time and effort. There were dropping numbers in that net and by changing the frequency (ha, ha!) of the net, we had a lot of participation and a more quality net.

Azrocks

Adventurer
I'm not an expert by any means but if you want to keep the net going at longer intervals, i would be willing to help out. Let me know.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys - I appreciate the kind words.

I'd certainly participate in an IRLP Expo chat on a quarterly basis, or more frequently if folks wish to do so.

Mark

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Hey Mark,

Sorry to see this go, but both Josh and I understand! We know what it takes to organize this stuff so thanks for all your hard work. I know Josh is wanting to get a local AZ HAM net going here soon so hopefully you can join in on that.

Hopefully we will see you out on the trail soon!

Cheers,
Heidi

taugust

Adventurer
Bummer! Thanks for the hard work Mark. I really enjoyed it and I'm sorry to see it go.

For those that still want a net, there is a net based in So Cal that covers topics of interest to this group. It meets every Thurs at 1930 hrs Pacific on the Keller Peak Repeater (near Big Bear). They routinely have approx. 30 checkins. The repeater is accessible to all through Echolink with a fast web connection. The group is Outdoor Adventure USA at www.oausa.net. The past nets are recorded and available from the main page, so you can see if it fits your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior