75 VW Bus - Build for north to south america

ifixpc

Observer
Nice work! Only concern I would have is the placement of the radiator and especially the fans - looks like it will catch road debrie and could hit / fill up with mud off road. Seems like it would be possible to put the fans at least on top of the radiator inside of the scoop for more protection. Or go with a front mounted radiator like some of the later bay window busses - I've seen them integrated into a front "off road" type bumper even - was hard at first to know it was there.

Good luck with the trip!

I was thinking exactly the same thing about the rad fans.
Maybe a small skid plate to protect the fans(possibly removable if needed for hot days) could do the trick.

As for the whole rebuilt - big respect.
I always admire ppl who get overhaul projects done on their own.

It turned out to be a very nice Bus.

totoro

We've been following you guys on instagram for a while now. Love the stories behind your photos... I was just thinking the other day how I'd like to know more about your story, and then we found this. Wow - and I thought we were in too deep doing just the new engine. You guys are on another level.

Thanks for the post! Hope to see you out there.

geckoadventure

Geckoadventure
Hey very different and very inventive like it good like with your adventure and do post the adventure here. Do contact me if you get to Thailand or Malaysia.

JAVYPRO

Observer
What can I say? Simply AMAZING!!!

When I saw the post in which you stated "We quit our jobs" I was :Wow1: These people are fearless, I love your drive to go for it, your drive to live your dreams.

God Speed!!!

Javypro

TheBusAndUs

What can I say? Simply AMAZING!!!

When I saw the post in which you stated "We quit our jobs" I was :Wow1: These people are fearless, I love your drive to go for it, your drive to live your dreams.

God Speed!!!

Javypro

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who has been giving us props or following along. It's not always easy to share the journey :).

We made it to Patagonia, well the bottom tip of south America actually!

Here is a pic from seeing Fitz Roy for the first time, while sunny yet still in sideways rain with 50MPH Winds.

24557722819_064681046b_c.jpg

Here's with the sign on Tierra Del Fuego.

25107284631_d7fcbe5cee_c.jpg

Now we sit up in rainy Seattle, we will be traveling around the states, possibly back into Baja, and will return to Alaska next summer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78