My Journey

crzymud14

Your truck is muddy?! Hahaha dogs look real happy! Keep postin man! Reading your posts make me miss my expedition days! LOL

memetotes

OMG....now you'll never get rid of those old jeans now!!!

Happy travels :) Daisy says "hi"...she can't wait to meet Yukon and Montana!

.....Glory

2wheelbob

Adventurer
Thanks for the fun times this weekend! Stay safe out there and feel free to stop by for some coffee, a place to park the truck, and some friendship. :)

Bob....I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you guys and your cool pups. I'm posting from the Walmart down the street from you still trying to figure out if I should move this evening. I am totally enamored with listening to you talk about your work on the ships. It's an awesome life you guys have ! Can't wait to read your trip reports when you retire. Thanks......

Today I'm posting from Cody, Wyoming after spending the last few days in Big Horn National Forest. I received a PM last week from an XP member (Brad) inviting me to a gathering of other XP members and 4 wheelers from Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming. I accepted the offer and headed into the mountains Friday afternoon. It was a beautiful day in a beautiful setting. We (I believe 19 of us) met at Ranger Campground. That night Rod and Laurie invited me to their site for dinner. They were great hosts.

image.jpg

Next invitation was to go 4 wheeling on Saturday. When these guys say 4 wheeling, they ain't joking. I would define this stuff as extreme 4 wheeling. On (2) occasions I needed the assistance of a winch. Once crossing a river which everyone made across but me. We had to pull my plugs and let the Jeep dry out before we could proceed. The next time was up a steep incline over massive boulders. I'm not sure how many times I had (1) or (2) wheels in the air but suffice it to say numerous. The scenery was fantastic and I couldn't have been treated better. Here's some pictures of our day out....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

DaveNay

Adventurer
They repaired the camper the following day but it was late so we stayed one more night in Elkhart. The following morning after the first shower of the trip, we were back on Route 20 headed west. Intermittent rain throughout the day was a pain but we finally got through Chicago. Not much past Chicago we called it a day at another Walmart. Today was totally uneventful and we passed through Illinois, crossed the Mississppi River into Iowa (stayed on secondary roads all day) and we're now in Clinton, Iowa for the night. We did have enough time today to enjoy walking along the River and taking in some sights.

I'm thinking I need to pick up the pace a bit now. (12) days since leaving home and not far from home. I do have plans.....

Route 30 bridge across the Mississippi River....

View attachment 230894

And a tug pushing a barge up the Mississippi River.....

View attachment 230895

If you came across Rt 30 the whole way then you were only about 5 miles from my place. Just south of DeKalb IL

Dave....that very well could be since I did take Route 30 through your state.

Sorry I got distracted with trying to get those thumbnail pictures deleted (which I can't do) and dinner and what not. Anyhow after returning from the 4 wheeling the whole bunch of us had dinner together at the pavilloon. I chowed on Buffalo meat chile, cheeseburger, macaroni salad, and spare ribs. Finished up with peach cobbler cooked on the campfire. Damn that was an excellent meal, better than anything I've had for quite sometime. Went out for my evening walk and spotted (7) deer and (1) moose with her calf along the creek. Seriously going to be hard to top a day like that.

This morning we drove west on Route 14 and made a quick stop at Shell Falls. Dogs aren't welcome so we moved on. The views coming down the mountains into Cody are fantastic. Cody is a cool place as well. Just loving Wyoming once again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Continuing our drive north and west took us through Yellowstone National Park. The park was not near so busy this season so I took advantage of my time there and did some hiking. I felt bad leaving the pups in the truck but not much you can do about that. The hikes were fantastic and the scenery just can't be beat. I was feeling good and the weather continues to be outstanding.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wolves and bears are the best in my book and I was fortunate to spot several black bear on this trip. The picture does it no justice but this guy was munching on bushes along the roadside.

image.jpg

We left the park through the north entrance (Gardiner) and spent the night along the Yellowstone River.

image.jpg

As I ate dinner that night I looked out the camper window and watched (3) deer swim across the Yellowstone River. It was amazing. Later that evening I took the dogs out and spotted a mother Elk and her calf not more than 100' from the camper. I thought....wow I've been blessed in this life. I really live for this kind of stuff.

image.jpg

image.jpg

We are in Bozeman, Montana knocking off a To Do list. After nearly a month on the road things begin to mount up. Yesterday I got some good news from the vet. I discovered a lump on Montana but it's just an infection. So Life continues to treat us well.......

Joey....thanks for the kind words. It's nice to know when someone is enjoying your work. I'll keep an eye out on you as I seed you've got some plans as well.

Brad....the first thing to come to mind is damn engineers ! But seriously that's one of the funniest posts I've seen forever. Please post more ! Well done and thanks for posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still hanging out in Bozeman visiting friends and relaxing. Love it here.....home away from home.

joeyabisa

Adventurer
Joey....thanks for the kind words. It's nice to know when someone is enjoying your work. I'll keep an eye out on you as I seed you've got some plans as well.

I'll keep an eye out for you too Jerry. Perhaps we'll run into each other out there and share some coffee and some stories. Keep on truckin!

4low

Hey Jerry!

Good stuff here!
It was nice meeting you at the Wyoming Rendezvous. Hope you had fun. Keep those dogs healthy & safe travels!

4low.....thanks and I appreciate you checking in. It was a pleasure on this end as well.

Well just a quick update since I hadn't posted lately. I've been alternating staying at a friends and at the Walmart. Weather has really sucked here lately with one storm followed by another. So we've done very little. I've been considering a few options here but it may be time to move on down the road.

Walking through downtown Bozeman between the storms..

image.jpg

All the major bike manufacturers were in town today displaying the latest and greatest. Good opportunity to ride some nice bikes. Check out that sky......

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior