80 series/ rear seat mod ideas: slide outs

PabloVTA

Observer
I'm looking for plans or ideas on a rear seat slide out for a fridge or water bladder tank.
I have a 94 Landcruiser, but any 80 series or 100 will probably be the same.

I'd love for the slide to be on the US passenger side, and if it could come out about 10" and then swivel/rotate 30 degrees towards the rear of the vehicle and then finish the slide out so the full fridge is outside the truck.
having it come straight out would be great, but i'd have to modify the swivel of the exterior door in the case of interference with the pull handle and window levers.

I'd like it to bolt into the seat bolt pattern that's in the floor, and if I had to box it in, I'd like a flexible water bladder with some quick connect hose barbs to fill and empty it mounted thru an access panel that I can lock shut and keep a dog from chewing on.

just a few inches thick at most, think of one of those new Roto Pax water packs laid flat on the floor, with a lightweight frame around it and a fridge slide on top of that. but the fridge slide has to pivot and then stay anchored while the 50 pounds of groceries is cantilevered out side the truck.

anybody got one?
send me ideas, i'll start mocking up in SketchUp or something.

assume both rear seats are removed, I already have a drawer box in the back. It can go the full width of the cab and have a plywood top drilled for tie downs and stuff. I also have a Tembo tusk fridge slide (Non drop model) that I'd like to use.

need help with the slide then pivot part of the design.

thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998