Monteros on craigslist

1morebike

Adventurer
I should have said in your opinion what would you think it's worth? He wants $5k for it and just curious what yours or others thoughts would be.

I own a 90 5sp bought for $1600 dumped a decent amount of money into it now it's got blown head gasket and I'm taking offers on it. I just bought a 2003 with a great history with 140,000 miles for $6000. The first gen are fun trucks they look cool but the are old. People see land cruiser going for crazy amounts and think that Monteros can get the same kind of money the fact is they don't have the same street credit as Toyota do. That being said you can find awesome deals on awesome truck because it's not a Toyota

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
We're selling a 86 SWB 2.6 5-speed BASE level truck tomorrow for $2K plus nearly $750 in a trade item. This truck is an AZ vehicle, faded paint but no rust, kids jumped on the roof so it's dented weirdly and it needs new tires. The a/c works and it has lots and lots of new parts, including a new Clearwater cylinder head and a Guaranteed Carburetor Mikuni, new KYB gas-a-justs and idler arm. The interior is really nice, but it doesn't even have a radio, there's no center gauge pod (never had one) and the stock carpet doesn't cover the rear wheel wells (like I mentioned, it's a BASE level vehicle). Sell the sizzle, not the steak. When you buy, look at what's really important, not the shiny stuff and not the warts. Buying from an unknown seller is always tricky; you have to go in armed with knowledge, be able to listen and hear past the seller's words, look carefully, ask the right questions and make fast decisions, for the most part. Some people wouldn't even entertain giving a thousand for this truck. Maybe there's somebody who would have given $4K for it. Who knows? There really isn't a strong enough aftermarket to set the price.

John B.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6012776172.html

1991 Mitsubishi Montero.200k miles. locked in front with Mile Marker lockout hubs. 33x12.50 mud tires. custom front and rear bumber and side rock skids. Rear 2" lift old man emu coils. 10k lb winch with dash controls. suspension seats on driver and passenger side. I have $800 in steal for just bumpers and skids. The motor needs tune up and definitely oxygen sensors. I have no time to mess with it and haven't been 4 wheeling in a while due to back issues so I hate to see it sit and decided to let it go. It is a beast and will go anywhere. Some pics are before tube bumpers and trees to the side

$1200 obo I just need it out of my yard due to 7 vehicles.

01515_bS2CHHKlgxl_600x450.jpg

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
If anyone runs into this ad...don't waste your time, its a scam.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/6021116331.html

I was curious because the Montero pictured is the same exact picture of a Montero from a used car company in Missouri and this CL is just posted in Central Florida. I contacted the owner and got a text that the person who posted the ad is the son of his mother who owns the car and told me to email his mom. I got a email from the mom and it said this:

"My name is Monica,I'm happy to see you're interested in my SUV. First,a few details about this 1999 Mitsubishi Montero automatic, 155,000 miles,it is in good condition,with nothing mechanically wrong. No accident history,clear title,no dents or dings and no scratches.The reason for selling is that my unit will be sent back overseas to replace the troops scheduled to come home this year,and I don't want to keep it in a storage garage for 18 months.The deal includes free delivery as you may know we can ship a car/bike/etc from home to the base and back one time in a year for free.I've reduced the price at $1.500, because I want to sell it before March 3nd when I am scheduled to leave. I have everything arranged with Amazon so we can both be 100% protected and insured by them. If you are interested in purchasing it please send me your full name,phone# and shipping address so I can register the transaction with Amazon and they will reply you with more details and information about this transaction.
You can see more photos at: http://imgur.com/a/6Pt0u

Have a good day!"

nwoods

Expedition Leader
If anyone runs into this ad...don't waste your time, its a scam.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/6021116331.html

I was curious because the Montero pictured is the same exact picture of a Montero from a used car company in Missouri and this CL is just posted in Central Florida.

Interesting, looks the same as the one here in Orange County, California
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/6021131094.html

Edit: I looked at those photos in the imgur website, kinda looks like those carpets have seen some flood damage

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Their asking price is a bit high even though it has low miles. My only real concern is the stain in the carpeting near the transmission tunnel under the dash.

Otherwise..looks clean.

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior