80psi Tire Options - 35" or 37", 17" rims, 3PMS

sancap

I recently went with 255/85R17 Baja Bosss AT for my Power Wagon. as @MR. ED said they fit your parameters in a Load range E tire.

Attachments

• IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4623.JPG
    IMG_4623.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 34

MR. ED

Observer
It took me a while to get used to the skinnys. They don't bother me anymore plus they're lighter than my old 35's and I gained a little MPG.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
There are plenty of benefits for narrow(er) tires.

Id never consider wide, "flotation" type tires for one reason....
Snow/Ice winter travel. A narrower tire is simply safer.
Especially for those of us that do not bother with a dedicated winter tire.

We walk that line. Capacity, stability, and traction regardless of road conditions.
And be realistic. Its not an offroad rig, so floatation tires will provide zero benefit in our case use.

285x75r18E Toyo AT2

Empty I run 40PSI front 35PSI rear
Loaded SUMMER I run 60PSI front 70PSI rear
Loaded WINTER I run 50PSI front 60PSI rear

53032235549_2ba107ecd0_h.jpg

rruff

Explorer
It took me a while to get used to the skinnys. They don't bother me anymore plus they're lighter than my old 35's and I gained a little MPG.
I gained MPG with my heavy fatties... and high width and low profile tend to be better for rolling resistance. More aero drag, though.

But on the other hand, narrow tread and high profile tend to flex more, which is nice offroad.

rruff

Explorer
I think I’m around 60 psi for daily empty running around. If I go lower I trigger the tire light.
What's your rig? That's a very high minimum.

My light is on all the time, since the sensors are gone... ;) Which reminds me, I need to get some real pressure gauges...

Trestle

Ram 3500 here SRW with a camper sitting at GVWR. E rated Falken AT/3W in 37 x 12.5/17. Your rear axle max rear weight according to the MFR is 6,800 lbs., so 3,200 lbs rating/tire is needed. Per their inflation chart 45psi gets you to 3,250. I like to run things a bit higher, so I am at 50psi which they say is for 3,525lbs per tire or 7,050lbs rear axle weight. At their max inflation pressure of 65psi, they are rated for 3,970lbs per tire or 7,940lbs rear axle weight.

At 65 psi the ride would be a lot rougher, and in theory would wear out the middle of the tire carcass due to over inflation. Larger air cavity requires fewer PSI for the same load. Some weird voodoo witchcraft they call science and stuff. I just follow the tire load rating and inflation chart, and if given the choice pick a higher ply tire E vs. D if available for a bump in durability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online