84 Mercedes 300GDT SWB Restored on eBay

Pokey

Adventurer
hi there,

whats the o.d. gear ratio on the 5speed? and where does this like to cruise (mph) on the highway- 60-65 given the final drive ratio of 6.17?

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
hi there,

whats the o.d. gear ratio on the 5speed? and where does this like to cruise (mph) on the highway- 60-65 given the final drive ratio of 6.17?

I don't know the gear ratios in the 5 speed specifically, but you can cruise on the highway at 65 comfortably, and if you really want to go faster you can go around 75-80. I don't drive above 62 just because I like to save fuel (and the planet more importantly)

Relisted, by the way

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...geName=ADME:L:LCA:MOTORS:1123#ht_20564wt_1167

Pokey

Adventurer
Would Maryland register that as a diesel if you tried??? or not possible to do so in Maryland?

Cali interested-

rugbier

Adventurer
That Benz can be registered in Maryland as an Antique ( no inspections, visualization of vehicle required )

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
Would Maryland register that as a diesel if you tried??? or not possible to do so in Maryland?

Cali interested-

I don't think so, but honestly I am not sure. I'd give a few calls around. I'm sure you could make it California legal, but I doubt it would be cheap. Perhaps you could register it in another state if you have a business or residence in another state, but I'm not too sure. Sorry :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger