86 fj Moab Bound

98dango

Expedition Leader
So the lady and I decided Moab was our honeymoon destination. I was at work talking to a coworker about all the things that would need to be done to my Super Duty. When my boss comes up and asked me if I would be interested in a Land Cruzer. Well 45minutes and 700 later I have a 1986 Toyota fj60.

She has a 2" lift and a shackle lift. 33" dunlop and a welded rear diff. We have 46 days to get it ready for moab.
IMG017.jpg
6[/ATTACH]IMG015.jpg

gregnash

Maintenance history come with that? Head over to MUD (IH8MUD) and start looking around. Lots you can do but I would suggest;
- full maintenance, gear oil, diff oil, tranny/t-case oil, fluid changes
- check steering components
- check heating/cooling components
- get recommendation on spare parts to bring along as something will inveritably break since it is new to you.

Other than that have fun and a nice buy at $700.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Bolth diffs i just serviced welded up the rear. My dad works for North West eoffroad Outfitter they do a lot with Land Cruzers. He told me to carrie a spake 3rd member and have fun.

Other wise all fluids and a tune up will be done. I am a Technician as a profession so she will be as good as the budget says.

Last edited:

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well I did some reading tonight. Looks like I have some parts already. It looks that my mini truck parts are not a wast. I have full high steer and 1 long side axle shaft and 3 berfields for spare parts. Now I just need to find a few 4:10 3rd members.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Friday afternoon turned up a small set back. Front ring and pinion are stripped . So now I'm searching hi and low locally for a 3rd member. The best I can find is that i have 3:70 gears. I want to up grade 4:56 but that may not happen this time.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Congrats and welcome to the club!

I have some 62 parts (work on 60's) if you need anything. I have no axle stuff though.

Cheers

98dango

Expedition Leader
Craigslist!

Nice 60!

Honeymoon in Moab would be fun! Make sure to scope a Roof Top Tent...The Hotel room with a view!

We will have a RTT but not yet. And It looks like the 60 may not make it. Pulled the front diff apart yesterday and its need a whole carrier. He spiders are junk also found 2 cracks in te carrier. So saving up for arb front and rear with 4.56 gears .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger